Breaking Disney exploring options to sell or join venture Disney Star India Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone noticed,
After merger with Sony, ZEE will be a foreign company. Whereas, Star will become Indian company. Jio-Star
Only one suggestion name OTT as hotstar only, Disney+ hotstar is so big and JioCinema is no relevant at all.
Now, finally we can see Star Plus sister GEC to work good Colors.

So CCI may come into picture as in many of categories Disney and RIL will have a market share of 75% or more like Marathi and more than alarming share in Bengali and other regional channels. Also in ads too combined they will command a premium due to sports properties. Along with that they will need to divest their channels to loosen their grip otherwise they will face issues .

Reference : @peter9 680 post.

I guess Star brand GEC and sports unit will be kept alive and Colors one would be either shut down or renamed and move towards DD Free Dish. As, RIL want to increase its presence in rural market as well.
Star Plus
Star Colors
Star Gold
Star Gold Cineplex
Star Sports + Sports 18 = Star Sports
Whereas, Colors Marathi, Gujarati, Bangla, Kannada, Odia, Tamil will be FTA.

I guess Star brand GEC and sports unit will be kept alive and Colors one would be either shut down or renamed and move towards DD Free Dish. As, RIL want to increase its presence in rural market as well.
Star Plus
Star Colors
Star Gold
Star Gold Cineplex
FTA not work well in South. I prefer retaining Colors in Hindi(without star prefix)and shut down movie channels, regional GECs and its sister channels.
Colors, Colors Infinity, VH1, MTV, Comedy Central can be kept from the paramount side. Star entertainment & sports channels continue to operate.

Last edited:
Star Plus
Star Colors
Star Gold
Star Gold Cineplex
But the question is will they call it Star or Star 18? As in Viacom 18 and Network 18.

If merger is done What happens to Disney Channel, Disney international, Hungama channels will they also merge or will Disney shutdown these channels

• Sad
Reactions: TUP
I prefer retaining Colors in Hindi(without star prefix)and shut down movie channels, regional GECs and its sister channels.
Shutting Down Colors Kannada, Will Just help , Zee Kannada to be no1 Channel in India. Star Suvarna is not popular in Karnataka as Colors Kannada.
Imo, CCI will ask Disney Star to Shut Down some Channel, not for Viacom18.

Shutting Down Colors Kannada, Will Just help , Zee Kannada to be no1 Channel in India. Star Suvarna is not popular in Karnataka as Colors Kannada.
Based on zee sony deal. CCI looks at HSM only

Only Kannada makes some confusion. Rest of all major languages Star has clear edge. Considering one or two or majority, which is better if you have to go with a single one from two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock