Breaking Disney Star and Viacom18 signs non binding merger agreement

• Thread starter Aksgr
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 222
  • Views: Views 51,103
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reliance Industries and Walt Disney Company signed a non-binding agreement in London last week. This means that officials of Reliance Industries and Disney will now sit together and hold final round of talks to acquire Disney's Star India business. The valuation of Disney's Star India business will be determined, however, if a final deal is not reached, either party may back out.

This step of Mukesh Ambani can also be called taking a lesson from the Twitter deal. When Elon Musk made the deal to buy Twitter, he made a binding pact. In such a situation, when Elon Musk later backed out from the deal, Twitter went to court against him. In such a situation, Elon Musk had to complete the deal to buy Twitter.

Star is a very big brand in itself. I don't think any renaming will take place at all. However, content sharing may happen specially for Sports Properties.
Yes let's hope for best,
Better if they wouldn't shutdown Star sports south HD channels,

Even Viacom18 also have plan to launch Sports18 Telugu,Tamil,
Now they can easily use Star Sports 1 Telugu HD & Tamil HD etc...

The cricket matches on TV on Star will be available to Jio Cinema for streaming after the merger of Jio Cinema and Hotstar.

Viacom 18 signing with Disney hotstar. Only online streaming platform benefitted. There is no relation with star sports.

The distribution of Star Channels will be done by RIL going further. Also hotstar will get a uplift being into losses from jio Cinema

off topic Yes .Lets see there are 77 star channels in total , they being popular in most markets will continue beaming . I hope the major ones the movie channels, infotainment , and kids should land on Jio Fiber then it will be good.
Will all Star channels come on Jio TV ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock