Discussion Do you pay for overpriced food at theatres?

Do you pay for expensive theatre food?

• Yes, I want the full experience.

• Yes, only when someone else I am going out or sitting with is ordering something.

• No, I don't pay for overpriced items at theatres.

• I prefer eating afterwards at a food chain below the theatre.

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
So I was booking tickets for an upcoming movie. It's a niche movie for Indian standard so ticket price was bit expensive which is fine. When I was about to check out. I saw pricing of the product. It is ridiculous. A large glass of Pepsi is costing ₹400 which is more than the price of my ticket and convenience fee. Than I saw Doritos (yes a ₹20 chips packet) with dip costing something around ₹260. I know theatre food is expensive. This is why I prefer visiting small time multiplexes when I am going out with family or someone. But this big theatre chains need a reality check. They are charging for food I would pay that much if they were offering me something from Dunkin Donuts, KFC, Dominos, Starbucks etc. But trying to charge for something locally produced and selling flavored water (yes, Pepsi) is just unethical and ripping your customers off.

Poll: You can vote for two options of your choice.

I eat outside lateron or before i watch the movie.

Reasons are:

1. I want to only concentrate on the movie and i dont like munching simultaneously.
2. At the same time i also do not like someone sitting besides me munching on food and making noises as it can be a cause of distraction.

This is unavoidable. There's always someone near me having a full course meal. Very distracting.
Yes especially when I am with my Girlfriend watching a movie and then there goes the munch munch munching.

You then have no choice but to sit and ignore and watch the movie

Munch Munch Eating GIF

Yes, I buy theatre promos each time when I go watch movies but that's a rarity since I just go like two or three times a year. Usually the jumbo popcorn box with jumbo sized drink.

I have stopped going to multiplexes altogether. The movies are not worth ticket prices, everything is available in OTT after a month or so. Better invest in good TV and sound system.
Only MASS movies can be watched in theatres.
Regarding food, absolutely not. Better eat in BBQ nation and watch the movie and still it will be more value than popcorn+sugar water.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock