Discussion Does BARC provides proper ratings?

Does BARC provides proper ratings?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im_dude said:
For me,how can Sun tv which is viewed by people of one state be no 1 leaving all those hindi channels which are viewed by people of group of hindi speaking state.

That Is Because,Tamilnadu Is The One And Only State In India Of Owning Atleast One TV Set

It Happened Because Of The Previous Government Which Ruled From 2006-2011 Distributed Free Colour Tv Sets To All Ration Card Holders

And Till Now Almost All The Television Sets Working Fine

And In Case Of Hindi Belt States,I Think Viewers Will Give Equal Importance To FTA Channels..That Is Why We Are Having Fta Channels Like Rishtey,Zindagi,Sony Pal,Star Utsav etc..So,It Will Automatically Decreases The Viewership Of Pay Channels Like Colors,Star Plus,Zee Tv,etc

In Case Of Tamilnadu,Their Is Not Like Any Differentiation Like FTA Ch,Pay Ch

Entire People Of TN Having Access To Analogue Connection Which Is Offering SUN TV Also

All People Watch Atleast One Prog From Sun Tv

I said this on First BARC ratings were arrived. Sony's CID was on No. 1
:D and when BARC make apology for this. Next week Colors was at No. 1 and I still say BARC ratings are fake.
See Sani and Uddan in TOP 5 come-on Man who watch those shows. I know mythological shows are famous but, not that much. And, recently went off Air Bachchao also got more rating then, CNWK and we all know who we watched and whom we not. :rofl
All Paid

How they measure ratings with selected homes and giving ratings. If all dths can track actual(real audience) ratings right.

Just Sample Info about Telugu channels, may be other language channels also doing same kind of process.
Telugu360 sting operation — BARC ratings for sale

More than ten Telugu TV News and Entertainment channels are involved in BARC ratings manipulation TV5, NTV, GEMINI TV, Studio N are indulged in massive ratings fraud Telugu360 team had conducted massive sting video operation visiting more than three hundred BARC metered homes in 10 districts, in two states Rating Manipulators are paying Rs 1000 Per month for news channel and Rs 2500 for Entertainment channels to each BARC metered household 1,000+ Crore Television advertisement market in Telugu states is taken for ride by manipulators Telugu360.com will be releasing more than 30 sting operation videos in next 24 hours For the uninitiated, BARC was launched in 2015 as a number of media houses questioned the validity of TAM(then standard for TV ratings across India). Telugu360 sting operation across 300 BARC panel houses in Andhra pradesh and Telanagana reveals shocking facts about the magnitude of manipulation. It was an eye opener to get to know how the BARC panel households are manipulated and how the 20,000 cr Indian TV market is deceived.

Read more at: Telugu360 sting operation - BARC ratings for sale - Telugu360

Chezhiyan said:
That Is Because,Tamilnadu Is The One And Only State In India Of Owning Atleast One TV Set

It Happened Because Of The Previous Government Which Ruled From 2006-2011 Distributed Free Colour Tv Sets To All Ration Card Holders

And Till Now Almost All The Television Sets Working Fine

And In Case Of Hindi Belt States,I Think Viewers Will Give Equal Importance To FTA Channels..That Is Why We Are Having Fta Channels Like Rishtey,Zindagi,Sony Pal,Star Utsav etc..So,It Will Automatically Decreases The Viewership Of Pay Channels Like Colors,Star Plus,Zee Tv,etc

In Case Of Tamilnadu,Their Is Not Like Any Differentiation Like FTA Ch,Pay Ch

Entire People Of TN Having Access To Analogue Connection Which Is Offering SUN TV Also

All People Watch Atleast One Prog From Sun Tv
Most of TN govt. Free TV sets were sold to beside states like Andhra & Karnataka. :)

jayanthkillam said:
Most of TN govt. Free TV sets were sold to beside states like Andhra & Karnataka. :)

That Could Be Less Than A Percent:lol

If The Receiver Already Had Tv Sets,He May Sell Those Free Tv To Other States

But,Those People Who Didn't Had Tv Previously,He Wont Sell Like That

im_dude said:
For me,how can Sun tv which is viewed by people of one state be no 1 leaving all those hindi channels which are viewed by people of group of hindi speaking state.
For other states , there are many channels to watch , so the viewing of channels gets divided ...
But Sun TV is being watched by many PPL in one state , due to its TV Serials and Movies , so yes there are chances to be at Top ...

Someone plz change my vote toooo....
NO
Plzzzzz!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock