DDF Exclusive DreamDTH Forums moved to a new software - Bugs, Questions and Feedbacks Here!

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 686
  • Views Views: Views 32,784
Status
Not open for further replies.
review : from last almost 1 and half year i was on brake for some imp work and on return so dreamdth was changed its forum software from open source software mybb to xenforo. after return i found in last few days that there default theme is very much high on graphics loaded but still loads faster then mybb times. also after recent switch to flat awesome theme i am missing that dish one logo.

quick suggestion : in flat awesome theme post timings are displayed in bottom which i am finding bit bad. also there is new tag in unread posts so what my mind can see it look better is best place for post timings are at just above that new tag in rectangle box of same size as profile picture and to make new(unread) and other posts backgrounds can be changed like unreads wil have blue back and white text and others with no back and text in black.

timing text inside profile pic sized box demo :

21st june
@ 02:45 pm

special mention for unwelcomed replys on my feedback : currently i am out of reach from my desktop so request for screenshots of designs are not possible. use of dreamdth android app is not advisable as my phone also runs 6 persons per day in its day to day person by person travels each day.

1aa5d842580ba8165bec8d59173b6f0c.jpg

Transparency Problem with Emojis @Bapun Raz bro in Dark Flat Awesome theme ?

@Bapun Raz
now we have two options for "New Posts" in the home page.
one in the Forum Statics "Recent Messages"
&
other on the right side of the page under members online section "New Posts"

both the sections are same. so it would be good to replace the new post section at the right side, with some other useful information.
just my suggestion.

@Bapun Raz this one bro

Can you tell me what useful info you would like to see there as replacement?

I have actually kept it because guest visitors can not see forum stats table.
then its ok bro. i was not aware that guest cannot see forum stats

review : from last almost 1 and half year i was on brake for some imp work and on return so dreamdth was changed its forum software from open source software mybb to xenforo. after return i found in last few days that there default theme is very much high on graphics loaded but still loads faster then mybb times. also after recent switch to flat awesome theme i am missing that dish one logo.
Welcome back. Appriciate your time on writing this long feedback.

Good to hear site loads faster than earlier.

Forum has a text based logo now which is why the dish symbol is missing and a TV icon has replaced it. However i will look what i can do, by tomorrow.

quick suggestion : in flat awesome theme post timings are displayed in bottom which i am finding bit bad. also there is new tag in unread posts so what my mind can see it look better is best place for post timings are at just above that new tag in rectangle box of same size as profile picture and to make new(unread) and other posts backgrounds can be changed like unreads wil have blue back and white text and others with no back and text in black.
I have no idea how to move its position. I would have moved it as i received same feedback from other members too.

Changing the color of unread post background is good idea however it is way too complicated thing to do. I will check if i find any hacks regarding it.
timing text inside profile pic sized box demo :

21st june
@ 02:45 pm
Sorry not getting you on this. Can you please be more clear on this.

@Bapun Raz at first thanks for consideration of my idea.
in 3rd part of reply there is no point to understand that is demo of new place as i suggested.

i wil explain it to you in more clear
the location : look at extreme right of box where your profile picture and text "bapun raz","staff member" & "administrator" is standing there is "new" named tag appears for unread post. what i am saying was utilise space of that corner to add post times from bottom to shift in blue box with white text. for all other posts(previously read) background wil be white and text wil be black. only "a moment ago" time of post wil have single line else all wil be in 2 line like i explained with that text demo to avoid size going bigger then profile picture in left side. all this can be done with php code location shift to other location so you wil need php developer from either xenforo team or theme developer it self to help you in this task. as files being changed from backend which you and vikram both admin only can do.

all this can be done with php code location shift to other location so you wil need php developer from either xenforo team or theme developer it self to help you in this task.
This has nothing to do with php, but the templates (which is based on html along with customized XF variables) can be modified to change the elements position.

Moving the date and time to top of the post can be done, however i don't think its worth the work. Since it is going to be moved to top by default with XF2. So we should better wait for a few months till they launch their new production version. We would need to adjust the date and time in the mobile responsive view also if we move to top, so another work load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom