Breaking DSPORT back with Discovery; Lex Sportel is out of the deal.

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 344
  • Views: Views 59,469
As much as I have learnt in my life, no sports channel other than Star and Sony can survive in India.

Yep Even Sony is Just struggling with IPL rights gone ,But these Lex 1sports and Dsports are competing with Sony ESPN as Sports other than football and Cricket,Hope D sports mange to prevail

But what soccer rights does eurosports have. Do they have la liga or french ligue rights???

As far as major sports rights r concerned Sony , Star will lead bcoz of vast financial resources but DSport can compete if they air other properties which require less investment and manage to get decent returns thru subscription or ads. It's not about just having popular content but how economics is balanced. 1Sport will find it difficult with current line up , already success was not achieved with backing of Discovery which gave immense reach, visibility

But what soccer rights does eurosports have. Do they have la liga or french ligue rights???

Buddy, i m more than happy with niche sports which DSport is showing right now... Need such things on TV but sure they will bring mass properties too for balancing viability with unique offering

As far as major sports rights r concerned Sony , Star will lead bcoz of vast financial resources but DSport can compete if they air other properties which require less investment and manage to get decent returns thru subscription or ads. It's not about just having popular content but how economics is balanced. 1Sport will find it difficult with current line up , already success was not achieved with backing of Discovery which gave immense reach, visibility
Its Niche Segment which is Largely missed in India like Adventure sports,Cycling,Skiing,offroad races,Endurance's like Le mans,Dakar,Truck and sedan racing ,although ESPN does its bit

I like their line up like volleyball, skii, and adventure sports. Would love to see likes of bull fighting, bungee jumping etc. There are footballing properties too which no channel is airing like copadelrey. Also they may grab some cricket too. Waiting for the HD channel

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock