Breaking DSPORT back with Discovery; Lex Sportel is out of the deal.

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 344
  • Views: Views 59,450
Why we need to pay for thease type of third grade sport items,1 sports must be a fta rather than paid.
Their is a huge space for fta sports channel in india.
GOLF telecast is a niche market and for the elite class.
Golf won't attract advertisement like cricket.
So the revenue should come from subscription fees.
In addition, all sports events telecast rights are acquired paying high right amounts.
Though these events are popular in Europe and in US, in India there is very limited followers for Wrestling, Race car, Tour De France, Basketball, Golf etc.

DSports - Discovery
1Sports - lex sportel
Eurosports - hawamahal😊.

GOLF telecast is a niche market and for the elite class.
Golf won't attract advertisement like cricket.
So the revenue should come from subscription fees.
In addition, all sports events telecast rights are acquired paying high right amounts.
Though these events are popular in Europe and in US, in India there is very limited followers for Wrestling, Race car, Tour De France, Basketball, Golf etc.
Right ...but i think if they go domestic they can get more viewers.like i league they should air goa pro football league ,kolkata league and mizo premier league etc.and acquire some cricket highlights of olden days .between 1995-2000etc.in youtube so many viewers for this

Why we need to pay for thease type of third grade sport items,1 sports must be a fta rather than paid.
Their is a huge space for fta sports channel in india.
Why do you even have to watch these "third grade sport items"? If you don't subscribe at all, where is the question of paying?

Even if the channel goes FTA, majority of Indians would not watch these "third grade sport items" and the channel will incur loss.

Let them charge and people who love these shall pay and watch.

And, to add to your sentence, There is a huge space for FTA sports channel that air Cricket (and maybe Football) in India.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock