DTH for 4K Tv

darkitachi

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just purchased a new LG 4K TV and am looking for good 4k content from the DTH providers.
I've got a tata sky hd box right now and am thinking if I should upgrade to the binge+ stb or opt for the Airtel xstream box instead ?!?

The selection criteria is below :

1. Good PQ and AQ in SD, HD, and OTT apps
2. Reasonable cost in terms of the DTH & OTT packs. I find the tata binge packs to be a bit on the high side but is Airtel much more reasonable cost, or is it almost the same ?
Usage pattern is I Mainly see Hindi Gec, English movies and Gec, Travel, Lifestyle and Infotainment channels.
3. Does Binge 175 plan provide Hotstar Premium 4k content ?
4. Does Airtel xstream provide Hotstar Premium 4k content or is it only HD ?

Thanks in advance for the inputs !

Hi All,

I just purchased a new LG 4K TV and am looking for good 4k content from the DTH providers.
I've got a tata sky hd box right now and am thinking if I should upgrade to the binge+ stb or opt for the Airtel xstream box instead ?!?

2. Reasonable cost in terms of the DTH & OTT packs. I find the tata binge packs to be a bit on the high side but is Airtel much more reasonable cost, or is it almost the same ?
Usage pattern is I Mainly see Hindi Gec, English movies and Gec, Travel, Lifestyle and Infotainment channels.

1.Good PQ, AQ.. Mostly equal on both airtel and Tataplay... But if u wish to wait for two to three months because gsat 24 launching Tataplay may be will provide Better PQ, AQ...
If u want really better picture quality in OTT apps... U need to buy firesticks or chromecast...
This boxes are okayish but if u want quality on OTT than this boxes are not meant for that...(Atleast now maybe in future they will provide better hardware)
2.Dth packs mostly same.. But airtel provides some savings in long term packs etc., and also some extra channels..
And as u are Tataplay Subscriber as u mentioned u may already have idea on dth Tataplay packs...
Regarding OTT packs... U can blindly go for Tataplay Binge packs... They are bit expensive but truly worth the price.. Because Tataplay provides better apps than airtel xstream premium... Or else u can opt for airtel black packs than u will get major apps...
But comparing airtel xstream premium with Tataplay binge packs blindly we can opt binge packs...
*as u mentioned ur preference are English lifestyle and all... U may already know Tataplay provide this packs generally on jingalala offers.. So u will save more when compared to airtel in this geners for sure...
3.previously it is super 1080p plan but now... 175 pack also providing hotstar premium plan 4k content 4screens....for ur reference I am attaching a screenshot below.. It is renewed on 16th this month and offering premium plan on 175plan
4.airtel xstream premium plan doesn't have hotstar app in their bundle. If u need to hotstar u need to purchase separatly or opt for black or allin one plans...
If u are asking about airtel xstream box supports 4k on hotstar mostly it will.. But we cannot assure as I mentioned this boxes are not perfect they are improving slowly..
So, if the box supports now it is not assured it will support 4k future and if it is not supporting 4k now it will support in future...
And particularly hotstar doesn't have that much 4k content... To offer.

Last edited:
If you expect 4k content means, only choice is Tataplay binge plus box. Quality, Number of channel and easy package options wise is Tata play is the best choice..

Thanks for the detailed reply Harsha ! I was indeed thinking about the Airtel black ott plan itself for the xstream box but it looks like they give few Ott compared to binge, and in Airtel black plan it's just full hd in hotstar is it ? I think the Disney and Marvel content in hotstar is 4k right ?

Thanks for the detailed reply Harsha ! I was indeed thinking about the Airtel black ott plan itself for the xstream box but it looks like they give few Ott compared to binge, and in Airtel black plan it's just full hd in hotstar is it ? I think the Disney and Marvel content in hotstar is 4k right ?
Yes, binge packs are worth the money.. And yes, airtel black hotstar plan is only super plan so full HD only, of course u can upgrade anytime..
Not all of the content is 4konly some...

Hi All,

1 - Airtel Digital TV has a slight edge of over Tata Play as far as HD Picture Quality is concerned. In Standard Definition again i would say Airtel Digital TV offers better picture quality which is lot sharper and vivid than Tata Play. Incase of Audio Quality again Airtel Digital TV is ahead of Tata Play incase of both SD and HD channels, the bass and depth of sound is lot better for channels on Airtel Digital TV as compared to Tata Play where all audio frequencies seem to be rather on lower side

Mods please help me out as i was making addition to above post when my mobile switched off bcoz battery running out of charge.. As i have opened this thread again i am unable to see/ retreive the post from the point where i was at the time of phone getting switched off

Last edited:
Mods please help me out as i was making addition to above post when my mobile switched off bcoz battery running out of charge.. As i have opened this thread again i am unable to see/ retreive the post from the point where i was at the time of phone getting switched off
If the post wasn't auto-saved on the editor, I am afraid that there is no way to retrieve it. You have to rewrite the same thing again manually.

Mods/team please help me out on tge above issue... @Bapun Raz da please look into this. Thanks
Kindly use the report button to send such notes instead of posting them or tagging any of the forum team members. We have said this numerous times. This helps the thread stay on topic.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock