Discussion Dubbed and Remake serials in Sun Bangla

You said that dubbed serials will not be watched by bengalis and Sun bangla will shutdown soon in your earlier psits.So, I quoted the example of YouTube where all the dubbed serials of Sun bangla is very hit based on the views..which means Sun Bangla is having future in bengal..Only thing is not getting ratings..But based on the views, we can able to determine that Sun Bangla has got considerable viewers for their shows.. :cheers::hrt:

They have the capabiltity to compete with other channels as well In future.:sunshine:
Chezhiyan anna, please ignore him. Many of the old members like me know him before his ban from DDF, and he was always a diehard fanatic of Star Jalsha. Today (since May) Zee Bangla has beaten Star Jalsha to the No. 1 position so it is not that Star Jalsha is unbeatable like Asianet or Star Plus in their respective genres. Though yes, it was unbeatable until 2018.

Meanwhile Sun Bangla has been doing quite well with dubbed serials from Sun TV and this is the only viable third option in the Bengali market now that Colors Bangla is practically out of the reckoning. People are slowly accepting Sun Bangla. It hasn’t been a failure like some other new regional channels (Colors Tamil comes to mind). I hope to see it grow with an HD feed, which is already being planned by Sun Network.

Maybe Colors Tamil is not an outright failure but Zee Keralam has done far better than it, and Sony Marathi and Sun Bangla are doing decently as well.

Last edited:
Meanwhile Sun Bangla has been doing quite well with dubbed serials from Sun TV and this is the only viable third option in the Bengali market now that Colors Bangla is practically out of the reckoning. People are slowly accepting Sun Bangla. It hasn’t been a failure like some other new regional channels (Colors Tamil comes to mind). I hope to see it grow with an HD feed, which is already being planned by Sun Network.
Sun Bangla are doing decently as well.
Even I agree. When Sun Bangla was launched, many of them speculated that it would be a flop channel and people had also said that Sun Network is only fit for South India. But Sun Network had actually worked for Sun Bangla.

Sun Bangla's graphics was so good when compared to other Sun channels. Even the PQ of Sun Bangla was great.

Coming to its content, it had good and decent serials with original storyline (as far as I know) during its initial days. Also, dubbed shows like Nandini worked very well. Even I have seen positive comments for Nandini (Bengali version) on YouTube.

Lockdown 2020 would have slightly affected the channel but it proved to appear among top 5 channels in BARC. Airing dubbed content is acceptable.
iDLmTut.jpg

It was even in the 4th position for a week or so.

Even I agree. When Sun Bangla was launched, many of them speculated that it would be a flop channel and people had also said that Sun Network is only fit for South India. But Sun Network had actually worked for Sun Bangla.

Sun Bangla's graphics was so good when compared to other Sun channels. Even the PQ of Sun Bangla was great.

Coming to its content, it had good and decent serials with original storyline (as far as I know) during its initial days. Also, dubbed shows like Nandini worked very well. Even I have seen positive comments for Nandini (Bengali version) on YouTube.

Lockdown 2020 would have slightly affected the channel but it proved to appear among top 5 channels in BARC. Airing dubbed content is acceptable.
iDLmTut.jpg

It was even in the 4th position for a week or so.
Sun TV Network was not invested more on Bengali market but I think they have get back some profit from low investment.

@Chezhiyan bro good observations but please create a thread for Sun Marathi too.
On February only Sun TV Network started the formation of team for Sun Marathi, In June 2021 now Prashant Bhatt was joined Sun TV Network as a consultant but the Network didn't say anything about for which market they were ropped as a Consultant 🧐🤔. But My mind says that he was only going to be the consultant of Marathi market, I think so....

Article on Exchange 4 Media :-

Article on Media News 4 U :-

Where I said that YouTube will contribute to to rating points? :no2:I agree that Sun Bangla is not getting good ratings in BARC.:sad:

You said that dubbed serials will not be watched by bengalis and Sun bangla will shutdown soon in your earlier psits.So, I quoted the example of YouTube where all the dubbed serials of Sun bangla is very hit based on the views..which means Sun Bangla is having future in bengal..Only thing is not getting ratings..But based on the views, we can able to determine that Sun Bangla has got considerable viewers for their shows.. :cheers::hrt:

They have the capabiltity to compete with other channels as well In future.:sunshine:

And regarding your Sun Star comparison..:wall:

I know Sun is also a star..But, you can't depend on other stars for your survivals In Earth. :no2::em::tongue2:

Sun is only a primary source of energy for this solar system and we can't live without Sun.:ok2::hello::lol::tongue2::dodgy2:
Kalanithi Maran the owner of Sun Group wanted to launch the Bengali channel on 2005 and named it as Surjo TV. And also he wanted to buy RPG Netcom which was a major cable distribution company in West Bengal but because the political drams made by Subash Chandra to stop the Sun Network with south he had acquired 100% percentage stake of RPG Netcom and merged it with Siti Cable. Because of this issue Kalanithi Maran leaved launching Surjo TV ans also dropped the launching of A hindi Channel which was he planned to Air on 2006. If Sun TV Network entered 2005 itself they will now stood as a competitor for others if Kalanithi Maran didn't get jailed for depicted case against him. Because of this depicted case's only he didn't concentrated more on Telugu, kannada, Malayalam.

Article at the deal closing stage :-

After Subash Chandra game :-

From 2011 he was added in many depicted case and now he was released more all the cases against him.

Sun TV Network only low in TRP, but their profit percentage was higher than Zee Entertainment Enterprises. Already in 2015 Sun TV Network owner Kalanithi Maran was threatened by Modi to sell his all assets to Ambani but denied, and the government denied to Renewal broadcast rights and security clearance, but they go to Supreme court face many struggles after only they got broadcast rights renewal for 33 channels and got security clearance for 33 TV channels and 43 FM radio stations. If they don't go to Supreme court one they will sold their TV Channels to Ambani or their TV, Radio, Cable, DTH should be off air their programing's in 2015 it self. After this Sun TV Network was affaired to make sudden dicision and big investment's, by their deep decisions only they maintaining as a profitable Network then the Zee Entertainment Enterprises. After this also Kalanithi Maran and his brother faced many problems and get arrested for investigation. But now maximum cases were completed and the court released Maran Brother's from the cases. If they didn't struggled this much, Gemini TV will continue No.1 till now. After that only they started producing movies and now investing more in reality shows to give a comeback in South. Now their Radio Network was No.1 in India, but till now I don't know why they not promoting their OTT Sun NXT and DTH Sun Direct. Already Sun TV Network planning to invest in Sun NXT by next year and to face DTH box shortage also going to purchase more boxes for Sun Direct by investing more in it, so hear after Sun TV Network will give tuff competition.

Already in 2015 Sun TV Network owner Kalanithi Maran was threatened by Modi to sell his all assets to Ambani but denied, and the government denied to Renewal broadcast rights and security clearance, but they go to Supreme court face many struggles after only they got broadcast rights renewal for 33 channels and got security clearance for 33 TV channels and 43 FM radio stations. If they don't go to Supreme court one they will sold their TV Channels to Ambani or their TV, Radio, Cable, DTH should be off air their programing's in 2015 it self.
Please provide a source to this 😱

Chezhiyan anna, please ignore him. Many of the old members like me know him before his ban from DDF, and he was always a diehard fanatic of Star Jalsha. Today (since May) Zee Bangla has beaten Star Jalsha to the No. 1 position so it is not that Star Jalsha is unbeatable like Asianet or Star Plus in their respective genres. Though yes, it was unbeatable until 2018.

Maybe Colors Tamil is not an outright failure but Zee Keralam has done far better than it, and Sony Marathi and Sun Bangla are doing decently as well.
Sony Marathi is doing well in Marathi market.
They are increasing their content by launching new Serials and non fiction shows like KBC Marathi, Criminals Chahul gunhegarichi (Crime patrol Marathi remake version) and currently they are having Maharashtrachi hasyajatra which is best comedy show, They are also investing in Movies with new premiers and good movie library.
They are getting good views on YouTube for their reality shows, some serials but not much on TV because of less focus on Fictions, they should focus on proper fiction lineup too which will make them strong like other channels, if they bring Good fictions they should be ahead of Colors Marathi. So I think Sony Marathi & Sun Bangla both are doing decently well.

Last edited:
Looks like Nayanthaara of Sun Bangla (Remake of Kannana Kanne tamil) got huge reach in WB.

What say guys?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock