English News channel migration

jdrocks

Contributor
Reaction score
SMS received from TS:

"Tata Sky is upgrading to MPEG4 technology. Some English News channels wont be available on your connection from 15-Sep. For SD MPEG4 connection SMS Y to 56633"

So a new front opens up for migration.

More important is to inform till when these channels won't be available, but they haven't bothered to specify that!

Root said:
More important is to inform till when these channels won't be available, but they haven't bothered to specify that!

The channels will be converted to mpeg4 and can only be viewed with a mpeg4 set top box. They are not turning the channels off.

jdrocks said:
The channels will be converted to mpeg4 and can only be viewed with a mpeg4 set top box. They are not turning the channels off.
Ohk... I didn't read the later part. Sorry!

Ts never specify which channel all get migrated.

Good to see eng channel also stated.

Mostly eng movies channel all get migrated then eng ent then eng news

Simple english news channels are not yetagbale by ROI. South people mostly watch english news instead of hindi news

SUNIEL said:
Simple english news channels are not yetagbale by ROI. South people mostly watch english news instead of hindi news

You are right. but nt only south ppl, most of them.

does any english news channel moved to MPEG 4. i have requested for new sd mpeg4 connection by sending Y to 56633 on 13th Sep,2013 after receiving SMS from tata sky and reply was that tata sky representative will be in touch with me , but till now nothing done by tata sky to replace mpeg2 stb.

Doesn't seem that TS moved english news channel to MPEG 4, as I have also requested the same way replying with Y to 56633 on 13th but nothing happened yet.

Stbs are not in stock hence ts postponed the migration of english channels. User who watch english news are highly educated[i dont mean that who not watch or not subscribed english channels are uneducated.] they send quick replay to ts that why in some area, there are huge demand. So postponed this changes

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock