External hdd 1 TB with 2222 box operation

Jerome.J

Reaction score
Recently I connected 1TB ext hdd with my :hd 2222 box.

*During power failure the hdd under read/write operation turns off instantly
*Will it cause any problem with the life of hdd?:huh
*Since in my knowledge ext hdds are designed to operate with pc in a more controlled manner by os

HDD is from Toshiba, canvio basics usb 3.0 with instant shock sensor and ramp load technology.

Thanks in advance.

And this thread relates to many others at the similar situation.

Friend no doubt today Technology is very much improved and there are some safety features in today's HDD. But even then there are certain things which we have to take care of, like if we use a UPS while Recording then we can increase the life of HDD.

If the HDD is being shut down again and again may be it PC or in STB,Then The biggest problem is when file system goes corrupted. Now the corrupted file system make BAD sector and in the long RUN HDD Expires.

But friend you didn't tell that your HDD is working ok or not ?

jenius-jatt said:
Friend no doubt today Technology is very much improved and there are some safety features in today's HDD. But even then there are certain things which we have to take care of, like if we use a UPS while Recording then we can increase the life of HDD.

If the HDD is being shut down again and again may be it PC or in STB,Then The biggest problem is when file system goes corrupted. Now the corrupted file system make BAD sector and in the long RUN HDD Expires.

But friend you didn't tell that your HDD is working ok or not ?

Thanks bro,

I purchased and connected the hdd yesterday ,it works fine.......I posted the thread here since prevention is better than cure:tup

Yes, it is better to have a good UPS attached with the STB. This way you can also continue recording for 1-2 hours if there is a powercut. We get a lot of pwercuts here in Jalandhar.

I have 2 UPSes behind my 40" LCD. One for the LCD and another for STB, PC, Modem and WiFi router. Subwoofer goes into non-backup plug of Wipro UPS.

Some UPSes (like Wipro) turn off itself after 2-3 minutes if there is little load on them. So make sure the UPS you attach with your STB does not turn off itself when there is not much load. As it will be useless then.

manig said:
Yes, it is better to have a good UPS attached with the STB. This way you can also continue recording for 1-2 hours if there is a powercut. We get a lot of pwercuts here in Jalandhar.

I have 2 UPSes behind my 40" LCD. One for the LCD and another for STB, PC, Modem and WiFi router. Subwoofer goes into non-backup plug of Wipro UPS.

Some UPSes (like Wipro) turn off itself after 2-3 minutes if there is little load on them. So make sure the UPS you attach with your STB does not turn off itself when there is not much load. As it will be useless then.

Ya, I seen that type of ups....They include the same to save energy....But I hate it:wall....In many situations we need an un int pwr sply for loads 20W to 30W

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock