Famous quotes

• Thread starter Johny
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 45
  • Views: Views 5,069
Famous quotes of Martin Luther king Jr.

“We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us.”

"Forgiveness is not an occasional act: it is an attitude"

"Life's most urgent question is: What are you doing for others?”

"If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving, you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all.”

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.”

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase"

"I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”

"Our children need our presence, not our presents"

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.”

"We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope"

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

And the most impressive quote from Martin Luther King Jr.

"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illumines it.”

Some famous quotes of Indira Gandhi.

"Forgiveness is a virtue of the brave."

"People tend to forget their duties but remember their rights"

"Even if I died in the service of the nation, I would be proud of it. Every drop of my blood... will contribute to the growth of this nation and to make it strong and dynamic."

"There is not love where there is no will."

"Martyrdom does not end something, it only a beginning."

And the impressive quote from Indira Gandhi:-

"There are two kinds of people, those who do the work and those who take the credit. Try to be in the first group; there is less competition there."

Some famous quotes of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar:-

"The relationship between husband and wife should be one of closest friends"

"I measure the progress of a community by the degree of progress which women have achieved"

"A great man is different from an eminent one in that he is ready to be the servant of the society"

"Unlike a drop of water which loses its identity when it joins the ocean, man does not lose his being in the society in which he lives. Man's life is independent. He is born not for the development of the society alone, but for the development of his self."

"Life should be great rather than long."

"We are Indians, firstly and lastly."

"Cultivation of mind should be the ultimate aim of human existence"

"I like the religion that teaches liberty, equality and fraternity"

"So long as you do not achieve social liberty, whatever freedom is provided by the law is of no avail to you"

"Men are mortal. So are ideas. An idea needs propagation as much as a plant needs watering. Otherwise both will wither and die."

Some famous quotes of Tagore:-

"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky"

"Everything comes to us that belongs to us if we create the capacity to receive it."

"Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless when facing them."

"Don't limit a child to your own learning, for he was born in another time"

"Depth of friendship does not depend on length of acquaintance"

"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it"

"Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark."

"Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come."

"Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man"

"The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough"

"Love does not claim possession, but gives freedom."

"Facts are many, but the truth is one"

"Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time like dew on the tip of a leaf"

"You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water"

Some Quotes of Rajiv Gandhi :-

"For some days, people thought that India was shaking. But there are always tremors when a great tree falls"

"She was mother not only to me but to the whole nation. She served the Indian people to the last drop of her blood"

Some quotes of APJ Abdul Kalam :-

"If a country is to be corruption free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother and the teacher"

"God, our Creator, has stored within our minds and personalities, great potential strength and ability. Prayer helps us tap and develop these powers"

"Climbing to the top demands strength, whether it is to the top of Mount Everest or to the top of your career."

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."

"Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work"

"Man needs his difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy success"

"Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow"

"As a child of God, I am greater than anything that can happen to me."

"If we are not free, no one will respect us."

"To succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal."

"Life is a difficult game. You can win it only by retaining your birthright to be a person."

"I was willing to accept what I couldn't change"

"No religion has mandated killing others as a requirement for its sustenance or promotion"

:D
ALPHA said:
Some Quotes of Rajiv Gandhi :-

"For some days, people thought that India was shaking. But there are always tremors when a great tree falls"

"She was mother not only to me but to the whole nation. She served the Indian people to the last drop of her blood"
:D:D:rofl:rofl
posted in wrong section.Should be joke thread

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock