Food Food Channel Will Be Removed From ADTV

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pay channel you know,not a carriage fee channel (fta).

Many pay channels do give carriage fee for being placed on a platform. Its viewership or popularity which comes into play before deciding upon the route followed. There r even FTA channels like 9XM which do not pay carriage but operators have to carry them due to public demand.

Only when a channel launches be it FTA or Pay then most often it needs to pay carriage fee to extend reach in public and attract eyeballs.

Right now too channels like Aaj Tak, Tez despite being pay + popular r paying carriage to airtel , tata sky etc. not to remain on platform but be made available in complimentary pack. Point i want to make is that multiple factors work while signing agreements with broadcasters and each varies accordingly

Sad News , they are also removing EPIC ch. on 24 may 2019...is it available in TATA Sky or not..?

Many pay channels do give carriage fee for being placed on a platform. Its viewership or popularity which comes into play before deciding upon the route followed. There r even FTA channels like 9XM which do not pay carriage but operators have to carry them due to public demand.

Only when a channel launches be it FTA or Pay then most often it needs to pay carriage fee to extend reach in public and attract eyeballs.

Right now too channels like Aaj Tak, Tez despite being pay + popular r paying carriage to airtel , tata sky etc. not to remain on platform but be made available in complimentary pack. Point i want to make is that multiple factors work while signing agreements with broadcasters and each varies accordingly
I knew that some big broadcasters like star used to give pay channels in complementary basis for some time to get popularity, thats why adtv was added new channels on early first day on their platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock