For 56 E Hunters

• Thread starter mehra
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 16
  • Views: Views 3,595
dear shubham,
if elevation does not vary (56 e varies 2 degrees) then how come people have to align the dish about two threads up and down after a couple of hrs.?? of course we dont notice this variation for sats that target us.

Don't know why it is happening,might be due to some whether condition like wind temp but these factors r not strong too much,which is forcing 2 degree change. no no.. :lol

but according to readings of el angle(post no 10 last image), satellite el is changing minor/little due to its drift characteristic ie 55.80-55.72e, which is same as the all geo satellites. i don't thing there is an elevation changing by the difference of two degree. i will post the latest readings of drifting wrt to el,az lat,long. The post no10 readings is yesterday's readings.

Some other unexpected thing might be coming,actually now satellite is on its incline mode(up-down) with moving condition & foot print is also out and drifting on its el too(as said earlier) as obvious but in large size dishes light changing in el looks like a big change or two threads (as u said) so these factors might be cause to ur problem.

btw: i shared here as per my knowledge here,i might be wrong or rite vise versa on all points but shares here which i knows or getting from some other satellite experts. don't be take it 100% rite,no one is 100% perfect.

Shubham said:
Some other unexpected thing might be coming,actually now satellite is on its incline mode(up-down) with moving condition & foot print is also out and drifting on its el too(as said earlier) as obvious but in large size dishes light changing in el looks like a big change or two threads (as u said) so these factors might be cause to ur problem.

btw: i shared here as per my knowledge here,i might be wrong or rite vise versa on all points but shares here which i knows or getting from some other satellite experts. don't be take it 100% rite,no one is 100% perfect.

doesnt matter bro. just go through my post no.1, thoroughly and it has got all the answers. that was the motive of posting the info. so everyone gains.

mehra said:
doesnt matter bro. just go through my post no.1, thoroughly and it has got all the answers. that was the motive of posting the info. so everyone gains.

I think it would be better if you go through my posts thoroughly.
If u are still not able to get my point, pls go through this link:

Circular Motion Principles for Satellites

==========================================

@Shubham bro: As I ve mentioned previously, all this fuss is bcoz Direc 1R is in inclined orbit. ;)

In an inclined orbit, the motion of satellite is elliptical, rather than circular.

In case of elliptical motion of any satellite....satellite either speeds up or slow down in addition to changing directions. So unlike uniform circular motion, the elliptical motion of satellites is not characterized by a constant speed.

Which means, either the AZ or EL is indeed changing somewhat more than what happens in case of usual satellites.

This is what I feel and understand. :hello

Here's what has happened.

This sat. Directv 1R is to support the ageing Bonum-1 satellite.

Bonum 1 > launched in 1998 > lifespan of 11.5 yrs

Direct 1R > launched in 1998 > life span of 15 yrs.

It will support Bonum 1, until Express AT1 launched by year end @56e, will replace Bonum 1.

====================================================================

Now, bcoz Direct 1R is also coming to an end, its fuel is being saved.
A satellite is placed in inclined ( geosynchronous) orbit, when the satellite is coming to an end, and its fuel has to be saved. :k

shawl_who said:
I think it would be better if you go through my posts thoroughly.
If u are still not able to get my point, pls go through this link:

Circular Motion Principles for Satellites

==========================================

@Shubham bro: As I ve mentioned previously, all this fuss is bcoz Direc 1R is in inclined orbit. ;)

In an inclined orbit, the motion of satellite is elliptical, rather than circular.

In case of elliptical motion of any satellite....satellite either speeds up or slow down in addition to changing directions. So unlike uniform circular motion, the elliptical motion of satellites is not characterized by a constant speed.

Which means, either the AZ or EL is indeed changing somewhat more than what happens in case of usual satellites.

This is what I feel and understand. :hello

oh my good god ! this seems to have become a thread to prove oneself a superior knowledge bank. come on dear. here i lay a few points that i wish to convey.

1. all sats move WRT earth (or seem to do so), type of path may vary, and ABS 75e is no exception. so i totally disagree with your statement "But, unlike Direc 1R, ABS1 does not wobble". and yes the discussion targets the variation in elevation of Direct 1r due to so called wobbling, and not to the theory of "types of motions". whatever kind of motion there is with direct 1r, bottom line is that dish has to be realigned. and that's what i wished to convey.

moreover i would have been happier, if someone so knowledgeable would have come forward before i did, and shared it on the day one when people were in dilemma about elevation variation in direct 1r, rather than converting a simplified topic to ROCKET SCIENCE.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock