For 56 E Hunters

• Thread starter mehra
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 16
  • Views: Views 3,594

mehra

Reaction score
Dear friends,
I have spent a lot of time (nights) trying to trace DirecTV 1R. But all in vain. Few lucky ones are receiving this sat with some problems even at average signal strength. Nothing is beyond truth. I am sharing some information that I have noticed and collected by me. It’s no copy paste. Any one is welcome to correct me, if any wrong info is there.
Some facts about DirecTV 1R :
Geography :
1. Satellite has no official coverage over India. And no actual coverage in Punjab.
2. Some (unofficial) sweet spots are there in India, especially somewhat strong in NE India.
Satellite :
1. DirecTV 1R is not stable at one point (Well no satellite is stable, and they wobble) Strange naa ? Yes even ABS 1, NSS6 all are wobbling (or they seem to wobble with respect to earth). This is the problem that even our friends having 12’ dish are not able to receive signal for more than few hours, and again the dish has to be realigned.
2. This sat wobbles from 48 – 50 degree in elevation. And a bit Azimuth wise also, that’s negligible.
3. See this
161wyug.jpg

4. So what do the actual subscribers do, Do they keep on moving their dishes every hour, or they have motorized dishes?? No, nothing like that. These guys are in target area and they use ordinary small DTH dishes. Small dishes are not bothered by this “wobbling” of sat as the small dishes have bigger acceptance angle, just like in case of NSS6 we have. Bigger the dish, better the signal, but lesser the acceptance angle. That’s why massive dishes are difficult to align.
5. What about circular polarity?? Will circular LNB help? Teflon? OK, your existing Universal LNB can loaded with Teflon will do. Loading Teflon made a difference between “No Signal and 58% signal”. So Teflon is good, Go for it. Don’t use the sheets like credit card cutting. Use proper Teflon or a material with same properties and about 3 mm in thickness. Remember this will help you to get signal but will not help in satellite wobbling issue.
6. Best time to align dish is about a bit after 1 am. The tuning will last for about 4 good sexy hours.
Any queries can be posted here (better than phone, as all members will be noticing the discussion). I will share the maximum of my experiences about the nightmares I had.
Best Wishes.

Very nice observation. :clap

But it has a scientific reasoning to it. Do u know this satellite, DirecTV 1R is in an inclined orbit of 0.6 degree inclination.

This means that satellite is not geostationary, though it completes one orbit around earth every 24 hrs, but from a fixed observation point on earth... the satellite appears to trace an elliptical path.

Generally, any sat. appears motionless when observed from a fixed pt on earth... bcoz earth and sat. rotate @ the same speeds.... so relative speed is 0, which means it appears motionless.....
but not in the case of inclined orbit, that is why u see the pic u've posted, that sat. is tracing an elliptical path, rather than remain stationary.
Other sats. like ABS1 etc dont wobble, bcoz they are not in an inclined orbit,I have ABS1 setup @my place, I get signals all the time.

Hope this answers ur inquisitiveness. :k

shawl_who said:
Other sats. like ABS1 etc dont wobble, bcoz they are not in an inclined orbit,I have ABS1 setup @my place, I get signals all the time.

Hope this answers ur inquisitiveness. :k

Dear Shawl who, ABS1 also wobbles. we dont notice due to two reasons that I have already mentioned in my article. viz.

1. we are in strong signal area, getting more signal, thus using small dish.
2. small dishes can tolerate such wobbling, as their signal acceptance angler is larger.

For ref.

2007nkk.png

hope this helps.

:hello

The pic posted above is the normal circular motion of any satellite. All sats. will have that circular motion, but only the sats. which will be in inclined orbit will have an elliptical motion, as in the case of the 1st pic u posted.

Wobbling is different to motion of satellite.

In case of elliptical motion of any satellite....satellite either speeds up or slow down in addition to changing directions. So unlike uniform circular motion, the elliptical motion of satellites is not characterized by a constant speed.

In circular motion of sats., it maintains a constant speed.

It is bcoz of this non-constant speeds, the AZ/EL changes.
You are correct, that sats. which wobble like direc 1R, can be got on better signal coverage areas.
But, unlike Direc 1R, ABS1 does not wobble. :no

The main problem of this satellite is that it is too old & about to end of its life. Now Mehra is getting 2 TPs & some other trackers getting all tps. Signal level is fluctuating means we are receiving it pheriphial signals since we are not in its coverage. Anyway lot of people enjyoing the channels even receiving in Faridabad, according to some viewers if we will get this satellite then there is no need to go for Hotbird.

shawl_who said:
:hello

The pic posted above is the normal circular motion of any satellite. All sats. will have that circular motion, but only the sats. which will be in inclined orbit will have an elliptical motion, as in the case of the 1st pic u posted.

Wobbling is different to motion of satellite.

In case of elliptical motion of any satellite....satellite either speeds up or slow down in addition to changing directions. So unlike uniform circular motion, the elliptical motion of satellites is not characterized by a constant speed.

In circular motion of sats., it maintains a constant speed.

It is bcoz of this non-constant speeds, the AZ/EL changes.
You are correct, that sats. which wobble like direc 1R, can be got on better signal coverage areas.
But, unlike Direc 1R, ABS1 does not wobble. :no
i didnt mean to refer to any particular kind of motion. whether elliptical or circular.basic concern was non stability of satellite on a single co-ordinate.

vijay mahanta said:
The main problem of this satellite is that it is too old & about to end of its life. Now Mehra is getting 2 TPs & some other trackers getting all tps. Signal level is fluctuating means we are receiving it pheriphial signals since we are not in its coverage. Anyway lot of people enjyoing the channels even receiving in Faridabad, according to some viewers if we will get this satellite then there is no need to go for Hotbird.

yep. the life span of this sat is almost over. lets c what future brings for us.

Well,

@ Mehra Ji & Shawal Bro:- I want to say something.

Yes, Mehra is correct on the point of footprint that there is no signals over india officially but due to some signal lickage by which we are getting tps from Directv1R

fnBXHGx.png

All The GEO satellite Drifting on its position like if we take example of INSAT4A @ 83e then drifting ie 83.08-82.92e longitude with latitude +-0.08 according to drifting the circular image appears, if the latitude & longitude drifting is ok then its make a good looking circular image like insat4a below:-

zv10YqA.png

after launching a sat mostly sats drifts ideally like INSAT4a but some satellites not stables during its life time ie 15+ years. Till not gsat10 & many sats not stables its drifting.

Some satellite Drifting charts with different positions:-

VZvV9wq.png

0VQIb0Q.png

svgLsla.png

& I am not agree with mehra's statement with that el is changing, no satellite is changes its el but alll sats changes its az due to drifting but its not a major one its drift little so customers not feel any change in signals. if they change its el in 1 or 2 hrs the millions of satellite dishes need to be change that is not possible. even russian satellite telemetry & tracking system is not able to find its satellites & telepost too for uplinking ,el changed very little like 56.08-56.00 like but az changing is correct due to drift & its obvious in every geo satellites. There is no relation between the satellite drifting & signals if satellite drifting in controlled manner ie little

This is the drifting chart of DirecttV 1R, Now satellite is in moving condition so the drifting is upset, it will be stable in some days or months with respect to latitude & longitude if the life time allowed. EOL of sat is going to be end in 2014.

HnThqp6.png

correct me if i m wrong.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock