Forced Software Update for RDTV Altech UEC STB

• Thread starter utsc
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 12
  • Views: Views 6,538

utsc

Reaction score
Hello

I have own a Altech UEC STB. I tried to do a manual software upgrade by going to HOME ->SETTINGS ->STB -> Advanced and it is not working. What is the latest software version for Altech UEC STB?

How do I do a Forced OTA update for the following Altech UEC STB

Manufacturer: Altech UEC
Hardware Version: 2.18_R
Middleware version: C012P129
Nagraguide version: 4.5.10.2b
Software version: 4.0.3.b
Last Software Download: Not Available

Signal strength: 98%
Signal Quality: 74%

anilsk01 said:
when new software is added. stb will detect new software automatically and it will install in the stb

u r right bro no any other option for this stb .
so wait and see

Thanks guys. My STB freezes and very slow to respond (There is a time delay [time lag] when I press the buttons to change the channels in the remote so I am not sure if it is a software issue.

What is the latest version of the software for my Altech UEC STB? I just want to make sure that my STB has the latest version of the software. Does the Reliance Digital TV website or other website show which is the latest version of the software (Firmware) for the different types of STB that they have in service

No, it doesnt show anywhere else, apart from the stb itself. Dont try to do that yourself, when there is new software, it will detect and do it itself ! :)

Thank you very much guys for your feedback; I really appreciate it.

"frnd08" from a another forum posted the following method to update the software and many people in that forum have successfully updated the software using frnd08's method. However it did not work for me and I may be doing something wrong.

I quote "frnd08"

"Big TV Software Upgrade, how to do it, the 100% correct method.

Here's how you upgrade your current Big TV software. I learnt this from a customer care executive and this has worked perfectly. I have a STB ver 2 so, if you have STB 1, I don't think this is likely to work.

Here's the technique:

STEP 1: Switch off your Big TV STB from the remote, i.e. take it to Standby mode. Next, press the up-arrow key and the menu bar button CONTINUOUSLY AND SIMULTANEOUSLY for 2 mins.

STEP 2: Next immediately after 2mins, leave the buttons and press the OK button, two or three times.

STEP 3: Watch your TV, your software upgrade has already stated.

STEP 4: Relax and wait for the upgrade to complete! "

Question. Has any one tried the above method? Is the button just above the red, green, yellow & blue buttons in the remote with a "home" symbol on it referred to as "menu bar" in STEP 1 above or is it something else.

The above method is not working for me and I just want to make sure that I following the correct step

U can also Try Power Off the stb And Press Ch+ and Ch- on stb and start it, Leave the both button After The Change Led Color and screen Show Please wait Software Download.

Vikram said:
U can also Try Power Off the stb And Press Ch+ and Ch- on stb and start it, Leave the both button After The Change Led Color and screen Show Please wait Software Download.

Thank you Vikram. I tried but no luck yet. I am sure there is a way to do a forced update.

If your STB freezes and you can not access the menu's then you can do a factory reset by pressing the red button on the remote for 20 seconds until you get the first installation screen. Similarly there should be a way to force the stb to download the latest firmware from the stream. I called RDTV CC a few times they have no clue. One cc rep told me to upgrade to HD STB to get the latest software !!! I guess the call center reps don't have a lot of info like the installation technicians.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock