Discussion From 1st Feb avoid pay channels and start increasing the TRP of FTA channels #avoid pay channels soap

Pl confirm the following. The DTH/ Cable operators get the following as earnings . 1 . Diff of amt cost price and selling price of individual channel. 2. Broadcaster pack MRP diff.3 percentage of channel sales (20%).4 diff of cost and selling price of Thier own packs.5. NCF carriage fee 130/-.6. Addl NCF from addl packs beyond 100 channels.7 Any other incentive like LCN placing & packaging of unwanted chennals.

They can't merge bouquets.
Point 86 of the TRAI order
Distributors of television channels are also
permitted to package bouquet(s) of the pay channels from different broadcasters to form a
bigger bouquet of pay channels

Page 10 of order
It shall be permissible for a distributor of television channels to offer bouquet(s) formed
from pay channels of one or more broadcasters and declare distributor retail price(s) , per month,
of such bouquet(s) payable by a subscriber:
Provided that such bouquet shall not contain any pay channel for which maximum retail
price per month declared by the broadcaster is more than rupees nineteen:
Provided further that the distributor retail price per month of such bouquet of pay
channels shall not be less than eighty five percent of the sum of distributor retail prices
per month of a-la-carte pay channels and bouquet(s) of pay channels forming part of that
bouquet

Here it is clearly written that they can merge bouquets

Last edited:
From the TRAI order:

(3) It shall be open for a distributor of television channels to offer a-la-carte pay channels of one or more broadcasters in the form of bouquet

This clause is applicable only to those bouquets which are formed by adding alacarte channels. For example if Star decides tomorrow that Star sports 1 hd will not form a part of any bouquet and its MRP is 50 and Sony decides the same for Sony six hd, then if DPOs want to make a pack of these 2 channels, then this clause will be applicable

Point 86 of the TRAI order
Distributors of television channels are also
permitted to package bouquet(s) of the pay channels from different broadcasters to form a
bigger bouquet of pay channels

Page 10 of order
It shall be permissible for a distributor of television channels to offer bouquet(s) formed
from pay channels of one or more broadcasters and declare distributor retail price(s) , per month,
of such bouquet(s) payable by a subscriber:
Provided that such bouquet shall not contain any pay channel for which maximum retail
price per month declared by the broadcaster is more than rupees nineteen:
Provided further that the distributor retail price per month of such bouquet of pay
channels shall not be less than eighty five percent of the sum of distributor retail prices
per month of a-la-carte pay channels and bouquet(s) of pay channels forming part of that
bouquet

Here it is clearly written that they can merge bouquets

I don't see these in the order. I'm reading from the below, may be there is a newer version.

https://main.trai.gov.in/sites/default/files/Draft_tariff_Order_10_Oct_2016.pdf

This clause is applicable only to those bouquets which are formed by adding alacarte channels. For example if Star decides tomorrow that Star sports 1 hd will not form a part of any bouquet and its MRP is 50 and Sony decides the same for Sony six hd, then if DPOs want to make a pack of these 2 channels, then this clause will be applicable
Nope, the point clearly says "Provided further that such bouquet shall not contain any premium channel."

Premium channel is something which can't be part of a bouquet.

I don't see these in the order. I'm reading from the below, may be there is a newer version.

Nope, the point clearly says "Provided further that such bouquet shall not contain any premium channel."

Premium channel is something which can't be part of a bouquet.
Channels priced above ₹19.00 are considered as premium channels. Currently only Topper is premium I think.

Premium channels cannot be part of broadcasters bouquet, not sure about distributors bouquets.

Bro that's the draft Tariff order.Final order is the below one.

https://channeltariff.trai.gov.in/data/Tariff_Order_English_3 March_2017.pdf

Premium channels cannot be part of broadcasters bouquet, not sure about distributors bouquets

Same applies to distributors bouquet.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock