Gadar 2 | Sunny Deol, Ameesha Patel | Anil Sharma

Same in South Industry as well. They use mostly local languages over Hindi.
Taunt ???

pRPm6Z1.gif

At least they use their local languages, compared to Bollywood which prefers Punjabi/Urdu over Hindi...
Bollywood has no specific preference. It's just that we have too much free time nowadays to find some excuses to hate on things. Music are chosen according to the setting of movie. Just like how Atrangi has bit Tamil flavour in it. Jab We Met has Punjabi in it. This movie Gadar 2 is set on Northern India and Pakistan. I don't see why anyone has problem with Urdu wording in this movie.

But why bollywood is interest in creating songs in punjabi & urdu, rather than shudh hindi, even that can be used right ?
Classic Bollywood problem
Being a acting student, I can assure you that we don't speak Hindi at all we speak Hindustani which is mixture of all native language.

Being a acting student, I can assure you that we don't speak Hindi at all we speak Hindustani which is mixture of all native language.
Acting student? I am curious to know about the this. Are you getting into some theatre?

Bollywood has no specific preference. It's just that we have too much free time nowadays to find some excuses to hate on things. Music are chosen according to the setting of movie. Just like how Atrangi has bit Tamil flavour in it. Jab We Met has Punjabi in it. This movie Gadar 2 is set on Northern India and Pakistan. I don't see why anyone has problem with Urdu wording in this movie.
Offtopic - Am not against mixing or experimenting, every industry does that, but you must given preference to things being done in the language the film & music industry is termed as, and every other 1st follows that, then the other
Its ok in some movies to use languages or mix of languages other than hindi, but even in which movies which are not based on punjabis, muslim or any another thing, there also these things are done
Like in, ramaya vastaavaiya (2013), All songs are in urdu & and some in urdu, in ghoomer song is titled "alpaviram" but song lyrics are in urdu what is the need then title songs is better instead, instead of the title "Khufiya" why not "Rahasyamai" is the movie title, if bholaa or ajay devgn is admirer of shiva why are songs in urdu it should have been in hindi, why a movie named "bhram (2008)" Starring Dino Morea have all songs in urdu & a song having lyrics like "Jaane kyu tanha ho gaya" ?
Weird

It's just limited to songs but movies too

Offtopic - Why is hindi even pressurized that it is necessary to learn in school, when it is not even used in speaking itself, it doesn't have much application other than reading & listening to modiji, it was stressful to learn 3 languages in school, that's why I don't like 3 language rule, but government also doesn't want to remove it, imo it's better just to have state language and english in syllabus (2 lang), even government didn't motivate or encourage the school taught hindi (the good hindi) well. Well I feel urdu should have a been a language like sanskrit, and hindi should have been at the forefront 🙂

I don't dislike urdu & punjabi, but I don't like urdu-punjabi domination on hindi, it's just my opinion, feel free to correct me or disagree with me 🙂

Offtopic - Why is hindi even pressurized that it is necessary to learn in school, when it is not even used in speaking itself, it doesn't have much application other than reading & listening to modiji, it was stressful to learn 3 languages in school, that's why I don't like 3 language rule, but government also doesn't want to remove it, imo it's better just to have state language and english in syllabus (2 lang), even government didn't motivate or encourage the school taught hindi (the good hindi) well. Well I feel urdu should have a been a language like sanskrit, and hindi should have been at the forefront 🙂

I don't dislike urdu & punjabi, but I don't like urdu-punjabi domination on hindi, it's just my opinion, feel free to correct me or disagree with me 🙂
It's not necessary, but more of a convenience thing. For example, if you are from West Bengal and you only speak two languages, Bangla and English. Suppose you went for vacation in some other state and are need some urgent help. They obviously won't know Bangla. So you ask for help in English. And what if the person doesn't understand English either? You have no other choice. You'll have to keep looking for someone else who knows English. Anywhere you go in India, you can speak in Hindi. Even if they can't speak Hindi, they can definitely comprehend what you are asking for. And suppose if they understand your question in English, but they give the reply in Hindi because they can't speak English, then without knowing Hindi you won't understand what they are saying either.

In my case, I had to learn 3 languages other than my Mother tongue (Bengali). Assamese (I live in Assam), Hindi and English. So I know 4 languages in total. Now if I move for work to another state, say Hyderabad for example, then I'll have to learn Telugu as well. Which will take a year or two (or even more to perfect). Which will make it 5 languages in total. But till my leaning is over, I can make do with Hindi. Having to learn only 3 is still far better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock