DDF Exclusive General Discussion, News, Updates And Comparison Of Various DTH Brands

• Thread starter Thread starter Siva
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 542
  • Views Views: Views 67,725
The issues with Airtel only get worse by the day.

They've not fixed their iOS app crashing yet, so I've had to install the Airtel app on my secondary Android phone.

Now while trying to change packs and channels on my android phone, I had noticed that there were 4 bouqets subscribed to my account, but those were not listing. Out of the 4, one was FTA, the other 3 were broadcaster bouquets I had subscribed before the latest round of NTO pack revisions by broadcasters.

I had to call the CC three times to get it removed. I spent 30 mins talking to the First CC exec. He was a dumb*** who was not getting my point that the app header was showing me 4 bouquets for Rs 51.82 but he kept on repeatedly telling I don't have any bouquets subscribed. When I started asking him then why am I being deducted this 51 rupees, he hung up on me.

Then I spent the next 30 mins talking to the next CC agent. He too was a dumb*** but this time he at least was able to see 4 bouquets but was mentioning the price of all those bouqets is 0 rupees. I then again tried to ask him to remove those bouqets from my account but he kept on repeatedly telling it's 0 rupees why do you want to remove. And I kept telling him in the app I see 51 rupees at the top for broadcaster but in the list below I am not able to see which ones. This time the back and forth got heated up and then he hung up too.

Thankfully the third CC rep I talked next completely understood my problem and went to remove those 4 bouqets.

It's a shame that I was once an Airtel Black customer.
Continuing from above, this now brings us to yet another instance of Airtel stifling customer choice.

After removing all channels via CC, now I try to create a new subscription again but can't select HD channels in the alacarte list anymore.

Screenshot-20240808-021741-Airtel.jpg

Screenshot-20240808-021629-Airtel-2.jpg

TRAI selector portal also doesn't work adding to more woes.

Sadly Airtel's competitors are also going downhill so there's no real alternative. Can't teach my grandparents cord cutting at this age and local LCO does not allow customising packs like DTHs allow. so I'm stuck with Airtel for now

Continuing from above, this now brings us to yet another instance of Airtel stifling customer choice.

After removing all channels via CC, now I try to create a new subscription again but can't select HD channels in the alacarte list anymore.

Screenshot-20240808-021741-Airtel.jpg

Screenshot-20240808-021629-Airtel-2.jpg

TRAI selector portal also doesn't work adding to more woes.

Sadly Airtel's competitors are also going downhill so there's no real alternative. Can't teach my grandparents cord cutting at this age and local LCO does not allow customising packs like DTHs allow. so I'm stuck with Airtel for now
Continuing with this insanity, I tried dialling their IVR number for all channels I wanted to add and then their ridiculous SMS response baffles me.

OmD2nVZ.png

cAbMROd.png

The issues with Airtel only get worse by the day.

They've not fixed their iOS app crashing yet, so I've had to install the Airtel app on my secondary Android phone.

Now while trying to change packs and channels on my android phone, I had noticed that there were 4 bouqets subscribed to my account, but those were not listing. Out of the 4, one was FTA, the other 3 were broadcaster bouquets I had subscribed before the latest round of NTO pack revisions by broadcasters.

I had to call the CC three times to get it removed. I spent 30 mins talking to the First CC exec. He was a dumb*** who was not getting my point that the app header was showing me 4 bouquets for Rs 51.82 but he kept on repeatedly telling I don't have any bouquets subscribed. When I started asking him then why am I being deducted this 51 rupees, he hung up on me.

Then I spent the next 30 mins talking to the next CC agent. He too was a dumb*** but this time he at least was able to see 4 bouquets but was mentioning the price of all those bouqets is 0 rupees. I then again tried to ask him to remove those bouqets from my account but he kept on repeatedly telling it's 0 rupees why do you want to remove. And I kept telling him in the app I see 51 rupees at the top for broadcaster but in the list below I am not able to see which ones. This time the back and forth got heated up and then he hung up too.

Thankfully the third CC rep I talked next completely understood my problem and went to remove those 4 bouqets.

It's a shame that I was once an Airtel Black customer.

Next time when u face such issue just tweet to Airtel Presence team and they shall call + resolve ur issue at the earliest or u can urself too drop all channels from ur account by simply going to DTH section on App, select Box ID,,then scroll down and press Update Account option post which u can press "edit channel selection" option which appears below the channel subscription information which is displayed on top of the screen, thereafter simply scroll down and select "Skip to Channel Selection" option to choose channels of ur choice

then scroll down and press Update Account option post which u can press "edit channel selection" option which appears below the channel subscription information which is displayed on top of the screen, thereafter simply scroll down and select "Skip to Channel Selection" option to choose channels of ur choice
Read my other 2 posts too before posting.
HD channels aren’t visible in alacarte for me.
Next time when u face such issue just tweet to Airtel Presence team and they shall call
I’m sure that would have given me another dumb*** agent

This can start to reverse immediately if they reduce ncf price like sundirect and provide better quality service, but instead of that they are blaming govt rules and regulations ..I mean who will pay 300+ for dth where one can get all the services under 700!

With regards to tataplay, they are already providing almost all major ott apps in ₹149 binge+ ott plan...just an idea, what if they develop one channel aggregator app like jio tv+ , combine all the channels from ott packs into the single app and then customers can view he channels at one place like jio instead of going to individual ott app ... It could be a game changer! Charge ₹200 pm , I don't mind paying that much and it will be profitable for tataplay too Or what if they launch IPTV stb ? I guess it will be free from dth regulations and monthly charges also will be less

Buddy Tata Play Binge gives option to opt for any 6 OTT apps under Rs. 199 Flexi Plan...... It is Airtel which provides 24 Apps at Rs. 149 as part of XStream Play Premium subscription which too is provided complimentary as part of its various plans available with its mobile / DTH / Broadband / Airtel Black service.... Many of these plans provide free recurring subscription of XStream Play Premium, Disney+Hotstar Super , Amazon Prime Video, Netflix etc as part of these monthly/semi annual / annual plans.

Also on their OTT platform DTH operators can provide regular satellite as well as internet based local + International channels but on their Android TV app for DTH Smart Boxes only those channels which has licence to operate in India can be provided via internet mode too, even incase of regular service channels being made available on various DTH Platforms it is mandatory for such content providers / channels to register with MIB else without this broadcast of such channels will be deemed illegal.....lastly DTH operators r already providing combo TV Channels + OTT content on their Digital Content Aggregator apps while on TV airing on regular TV Channels via internet mode might be rolled out soon... For those having Smart Android DTH boxes i think these internet based channels wil be available while there is no signal received thru satellite while on standalone basis Operators may also launch Standalone Android TV apps having regular + service based channels and charge monthly fee for the same alongwith Airtel, Tata Play combo Broadband + OTT/TV Channels plans

Buddy Tata Play Binge gives option to opt for any 6 OTT apps under Rs. 199 Flexi Plan...... It is Airtel which provides 24 Apps at Rs. 149 as part of XStream Play Premium subscription
One should not comment on something if he does not have knowledge about it.

Tata Play has 149 Flexi Lite plan that provides 4 apps of your choice, the 199 plan is called Flexi Plus and it gives 6 apps.

Screenshot-20240821-175117-Samsung-Internet.jpg

I think comparing Tata Play Binge with Airtel Xstream Play is a no brainer. They are not even close. There's a huge gap between the two. It's unfair (from airtel POV) to compare them. A true airtel fan wouldn't do that because we know the bad state of Xstream play. I don't even activate the special free access which airtel offers me occasionally. (screenshot below)

Yes, airtel offers 24 apps for 149 while Tata play Binge charges a humongous 349 for 34 apps. But what about the apps available on both platforms. Out of the 24 apps in Xstream play how many can be considered as Tier-I apps and high demand apps. And how many on Binge is quality apps. I would prefer to pay more for a quality service than a cheap one which lacks quality.

Xstream play doesn't have Prime, Apple TV, Zee5, Hotstar, Discovery+ and more high demand apps. Airtel should add these apps and give it's Xstream play subscription for 149 and then it will be a fitting reply to Binge. Until then Xstream play cannot match Binge imo.

0xOGxI8.png

One should not comment on something if he does not have knowledge about it.

Tata Play has 149 Flexi Lite plan that provides 4 apps of your choice, the 199 plan is called Flexi Plus and it gives 6 apps.

Screenshot-20240821-175117-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Hahaha buddy i have knowledge fine they have variants one for Rs. 149 where we can opt for 4 apps and Rs. 199 which gives option to choose 6 apps....what @HappySoul bro said was that Tata Play provides all apps at Rs. 149 which is wrong information

Back
Top Bottom