Discussion General Discussion on Current and Upcoming Kannada Channels in Karnataka

• Thread starter Thread starter swaroopofc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 5,208
  • Views Views: Views 967,878
Kasturi is having good picture quality.also have good movie library.but channel contains 24hr ads only.better to sell their channel others.

#Sorry for some offtopic and lengthy post

During launch time, it was a good channel with many good serials, shows and movies.
The channel was launched on 26th September 2007. They promoted the channel saying that it was the only native kannada channel owned by a kannadiga. I still remember, those days I was using big fta dish and i was getting only Kasthuri tv in that and my family members are addicted to Kasthuri tv shows.

During launch days, it telecasted serials like Kasthuri, Sahagamana, Kalada Kadalu, Mannina Runa, Chandru Bandru, Point Parimala, A ooru E ooru, Supanathi subbi, Nee nadeva hadiyali etc and shows like Preethiyinda Ramesh, Talk of the town by actor Jaggesh, Adrusta lakshmiyaru by actress Ruthu, Jana jana kaanchana by actress Nandini, Saptha swara, Dream girls etc.

It has bought many good films of those days. Many of the initial days movies of actor Darshan and Puneeth Rajkumar are with Kasthuri tv.
The channel even conducted grand film award functions(Kasthuri film awards)

Later I shifted to Sun direct and then stopped watching Kasthuri tv since i was having many other options to watch(that time sun direct was not carrying kasthuri tv). But don't know when the channel turned into a junk channel.

Many times they had relaunched the channel with 4 to 5 new serials and shows but each time they have failed.

Even for sometime the channel was handed over to white horse network for management, even they changed the logo and started some new shows but everything failed. After that the deal was cancelled and white horse network launched its own channel Kalki tv.

Recently last year also they launched some serials Rajakumari, Nagamandala, Mamatheya Kareyole, Srini loves paddu and Etu ediretu etc but nothing worked for the channel and they failed again.

But I still don't know how they are managing the huge carriage fee for dth networks.

The main reason for their failure is the promotion. They are only promoting the shows on their channel. No promotion in other news channels, news paper and social medias. Even they are not promoting shows in their own social medias(offcourse they have less followers)
and people who are politically against the owner are also not watching the channel i guess. And being a standalone channel without the support of any parent network they are week financially too.

Anyways now the time has changed. They should consider one more relaunch with new shows and promote properly in all possible ways. They should learn from Siri Kannada. When an year old channel which is not available in any dth can see some success, then why not a channel which is there in the industry for 14 year and available in all the dth networks?

#Sorry for some offtopic and lengthy post

During launch time, it was a good channel with many good serials, shows and movies.
The channel was launched on 26th September 2007. They promoted the channel saying that it was the only native kannada channel owned by a kannadiga. I still remember, those days I was using big fta dish and i was getting only Kasthuri tv in that and my family members are addicted to Kasthuri tv shows.

During launch days, it telecasted serials like Kasthuri, Sahagamana, Kalada Kadalu, Mannina Runa, Chandru Bandru, Point Parimala, A ooru E ooru, Supanathi subbi, Nee nadeva hadiyali etc and shows like Preethiyinda Ramesh, Talk of the town by actor Jaggesh, Adrusta lakshmiyaru by actress Ruthu, Jana jana kaanchana by actress Nandini, Saptha swara, Dream girls etc.

It has bought many good films of those days. Many of the initial days movies of actor Darshan and Puneeth Rajkumar are with Kasthuri tv.
The channel even conducted grand film award functions(Kasthuri film awards)

Later I shifted to Sun direct and then stopped watching Kasthuri tv since i was having many other options to watch(that time sun direct was not carrying kasthuri tv). But don't know when the channel turned into a junk channel.

Many times they had relaunched the channel with 4 to 5 new serials and shows but each time they have failed.

Even for sometime the channel was handed over to white horse network for management, even they changed the logo and started some new shows but everything failed. After that the deal was cancelled and white horse network launched its own channel Kalki tv.

Recently last year also they launched some serials Rajakumari, Nagamandala, Mamatheya Kareyole, Srini loves paddu and Etu ediretu etc but nothing worked for the channel and they failed again.

But I still don't know how they are managing the huge carriage fee for dth networks.

The main reason for their failure is the promotion. They are only promoting the shows on their channel. No promotion in other news channels, news paper and social medias. Even they are not promoting shows in their own social medias(offcourse they have less followers)
and people who are politically against the owner are also not watching the channel i guess. And being a standalone channel without the support of any parent network they are week financially too.

Anyways now the time has changed. They should consider one more relaunch with new shows and promote properly in all possible ways. They should learn from Siri Kannada. When an year old channel which is not available in any dth can see some success, then why not a channel which is there in the industry for 14 year and available in all the dth networks?
What I think is zee should merge with Kasturi or buy it.Kasturi has 100+ movies ,most of them r good.If they buy them it will be good for zee picchar rather than telecasting same movies.

What I think is zee should merge with Kasturi or buy it.Kasturi has 100+ movies ,most of them r good.If they buy them it will be good for zee picchar rather than telecasting same movies.
Better to keep their only.already some movies renewled by udaya only spoiled.another worst pq in zee pichar.

(Kasturi tv)
As said by @Shashank bro,they should learn from Siri Kannada and should revamp the channel with new reality shows and serials.giving more adds in news channel.

Last edited:
Good analysis by @Shashank bro. Can someone explain what happened to Kasthuri Newz 24?
It is a waste channel, just like any news channels owned by a politician.
The job of such news channel is to praise their lords.
In Kannada we have 3 to 4 news channels which are directly owned by politicians and many news channels which are influenced by politicians or political parties. Fed up with such agenda driven medias.

Back
Top Bottom