Discussion General News & Updates About Tata Play

• Thread starter Thread starter dinesh19
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 19,750
  • Views Views: Views 2,699,269
Fixed Deals

DPOs Will Pay Only Particular Amount To Broadcasters, Irrespective Of Those Channels Being Used By No.Of Subscribers And Being Place In Particular DPO Packs,,,

Example:

1st Month If 1000 Subscribers Subscribed To Star Sports, The DPOs Will Pay To Broadcasters As Per Fixed Deal Only (May Be Deal Count Could Be 700 Or 800)

The Same Trend Will Follow In Respective Months,,,,

These Kinds Of Deals Were Exists In Pre NTO Era,,,

@dino29 Yes It's Against TRAI Rule But DPOs Says We Don't Care (Practically Impossible To Audit And Find, They Are Using Different New Tricks)

@SarfaRaZ No New Dates Of GSat 24 Launching My Source Says Yet To Get Updates From Their Team,,,

Gsat10 they're leaving. Total 36 Tps they'll carry after activation.
So if they use 12 dedicated transponders of gsat 30 for HD channels then 240-300 HD channels they can add easily.And rest 24 tps they can use to add 960 -1200 SD channels .Dont know they have any other plans with the transponders like providing satellite internet

Fixed Deals

DPOs Will Pay Only Particular Amount To Broadcasters, Irrespective Of Those Channels Being Used By No.Of Subscribers And Being Place In Particular DPO Packs,,,

Example:

1st Month If 1000 Subscribers Subscribed To Star Sports, The DPOs Will Pay To Broadcasters As Per Fixed Deal Only (May Be Deal Count Could Be 700 Or 800)

The Same Trend Will Follow In Respective Months,,,,

These Kinds Of Deals Were Exists In Pre NTO Era,,,

@dino29 Yes It's Against TRAI Rule But DPOs Says We Don't Care (Practically Impossible To Audit And Find, They Are Using Different New Tricks)

@SarfaRaZ No New Dates Of GSat 24 Launching My Source Says Yet To Get Updates From Their Team,,,

This is totally impractical and cannot be implemented successfully . Below r the reasons -

- If an operator has signed fixed agreement with a broadcaster say for 1000 Rs./month wherein broadcasters get this amount in advance while operator gets freedom to package/distribute channels among customers and collect all the revenue. Now firstly broadcasters will not agree for a lower monthly/semi annual / annual amount and operators won't b willing to pay a high amount specially incase they go for long period deal as there is a high possibility of them suffering losses bcoz of actual subscription numbers being low... Remember they still have to price these channels as per RIO pricing and even pass on discounts on channels, NCF etc. to retain customers.

- Secondly and most importantly operators will have to update in subscriber audit database the details as per actual bouquet / standalone pricing regarding how many subscribers have opted for which channels / bouquet..... Impossible to exactly divide the revenue generated thru fixed deal agreement into such classification and most importantly the system inplace for audit/customer subscription management is fullproof and automated wherein whatever changes customer makes in his or her account, same is stored/registered automatically at given point in that database.

So all in all it is not feasible for any operator to not comply with rules hence i do not think Tata Play will b entering any such agreement with broadcasters. Lastly even if some operator does try this then just like u have got information ( which still i am not sure about if really Tata Play has really decided to do this though i trust the information you get from your sources) then some rival or other person/entity/TRAI will get to know about it and operator is likely to face penalty/action. With all these risks involved any operator will not take steps which r not compliant with laid down rules and regulations.

Last edited:
Daijiworld TV (local channel)now added on TATA PLAY app
NQrt99U.png

This is totally impractical and cannot be implemented successfully . Below r the reasons -

- If an operator has signed fixed agreement with a broadcaster say for 1000 Rs./month wherein broadcasters get this amount in advance while operator gets freedom to package/distribute channels among customers and collect all the revenue. Now firstly broadcasters will not agree for a lower monthly/semi annual / annual amount and operators won't b willing to pay a high amount specially incase they go for long period deal as there is a high possibility of them suffering losses bcoz of actual subscription numbers being low... Remember they still have to price these channels as per RIO pricing and even pass on discounts on channels, NCF etc. to retain customers.

- Secondly and most importantly operators will have to update in subscriber audit database the details as per actual bouquet / standalone pricing regarding how many subscribers have opted for which channels / bouquet..... Impossible to exactly divide the revenue generated thru fixed deal agreement into such classification and most importantly the system inplace for audit/customer subscription management is fullproof and automated wherein whatever changes customer makes in his or her account, same is stored/registered automatically at given point in that database.

So all in all it is not feasible for any operator to not comply with rules hence i do not think Tata Play will b entering any such agreement with broadcasters. Lastly even if some operator does try this then just like u have got information ( which still i am not sure about if really Tata Play has really decided to do this though i trust the information you get from your sources) then some rival or other person/entity/TRAI will get to know about it and operator is likely to face penalty/action. With all these risks involved any operator will not take steps which r not compliant with laid down rules and regulations.

Bro! All Rules And Regulations Have Some Loop Holes,,,,

Even NTO 2.0 Also, I'm Not Know About Those Loop Holes But Tata Play And Airtel Have Done Fixed Deals With Almost All Major Broadcasters Apart From 1 Or 2,

Only Because Of Fixed Deals Airtel DPO Packs Are Very Cheap And Dish D2H Able T Provide Sports Channels For FOC.

Why is Tata Play vacating GSat10? I guess it will serve as a back up satellite as originally it was intended to but bcoz there was delay in providing additional transponders to Tata Sky (Play) between 2010 to 2015 hence GSat 10 would have been temporarily leased out as an additional satellite to them for a limited time. At first it was used alongwith Insat 4A though at that time too Insat 4A had started developing power issue and qe remember well the famous black out which happened way back in 2015 or 16 which lasted for long time and there wete various intermittent issues every now and then in transmission/ signals from this satellite.... Later Gsat 30 was used alongwith GSat10 as Insat 4A retired. Now with GSat 24 coming up, GSat10 again would b kept as reserve /backup satellite, which will come into use incase there is some glitch or technical issues in GSat 30 or 24

Back
Top Bottom