Discussion General News & Updates About Tata Play

• Thread starter Thread starter dinesh19
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 19,687
  • Views Views: Views 2,689,274
They created a good video for Rakshabandhan

The Direct to Home broadcasting or DTH industry has lost nearly 8 million subscribers in the last three years according to data recently published by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India. Experts believe that this is a result of rising broadband subscriptions as well complex regulations that are distorting market dynamics for the broadcasting sector.

Last edited by a moderator:
This can start to reverse immediately if they reduce ncf price like sundirect and provide better quality service, but instead of that they are blaming govt rules and regulations ..I mean who will pay 300+ for dth where one can get all the services under 700!

With regards to tataplay, they are already providing almost all major ott apps in ₹149 binge+ ott plan...just an idea, what if they develop one channel aggregator app like jio tv+ , combine all the channels from ott packs into the single app and then customers can view he channels at one place like jio instead of going to individual ott app ... It could be a game changer! Charge ₹200 pm , I don't mind paying that much and it will be profitable for tataplay too Or what if they launch IPTV stb ? I guess it will be free from dth regulations and monthly charges also will be less

Last edited:
This can start to reverse immediately if they reduce ncf price like sundirect and provide better quality service, but instead of that they are blaming govt rules and regulations ..I mean who will pay 300+ for dth where one can get all the services under 700!

With regards to tataplay, they are already providing almost all major ott apps in ₹149 binge+ ott plan...just an idea, what if they develop one channel aggregator app like jio tv+ , combine all the channels from ott packs into the single app and then customers can view he channels at one place like jio instead of going to individual ott app ... It could be a game changer! Charge ₹200 pm , I don't mind paying that much and it will be profitable for tataplay too Or what if they launch IPTV stb ? I guess it will be free from dth regulations and monthly charges also will be less
It would end their DTH business. Significant investments like satellite infrastructure are already made in linear TV services they cannot abandon it

Will never forget that. Almost 1 month of each and every channels for everyone. They also roped in Amitabh Bachchan for celebrations. I miss our old Tata Sky 🥺🥺🥺
Blame TRAI, they doesn't know how to handle the corporates

Back
Top Bottom