Good times for small screen actors eyeing films: Hiten Tejwani

Napster

Reaction score
When Hiten Tejwani ventured into films with "Joggers' Park" in 2003, TV actors hardly worked for the big screen. But thanks to the growing confluence between the two media, coupled with realistic scripts suiting small budget projects, these are happy times for small screen stars, says the actor.
"These are really good times for all kinds of people interested in acting. The whole point is people are ready to take good actors - irrespective of whether he is a TV actor or a filmstar or even a non-actor," Hiten told IANS.

In recent times, small screen stars Ram Kapoor and Ronit Roy managed to gain critical acclaim for their performance in "Udaan", and are getting better opportunities on celluloid than ever before.

Hiten, known for his role as Karan Virani of "Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi" and as Pratham of "Kutumb", feels the industry has opened up, thanks to the variety of subjects that filmmakers are experimenting with.

"Nowadays people have started seeing subjects very differently. If the variety of subjects that are being used in films now would have been used at that time (when I came in the industry), I don't know what the reactions would have been," he said.

"The audience also wants to see the realities - a real life inspired story, or a social message-based story - and these are being received very well. Also, the trend now is of small budget films, not larger than life dramas. So this gives all kinds of actors their space in films," he added.

After his first film, Hiten featured in "Krishna Cottage" and "Anwar". Now, he is set to return to the celluloid with journalist-turned-filmmaker S. Ramachandran's debut production "Imaandaari Ki Maa Ki Aankh".

Talking about his role, he said: "The film is about the SRA (slum rehabilitation authority) scam that happened in Mumbai. I am playing a Christian conman. My look is not very different but I will be shown as a slum dweller... very Mumbaiya," he said.

Hiten will also be seen as a host on Imagine TV's "Ratan Ka Rishta", going on air Monday. The show will see actress Ratan Rajput zeroing in on a suitable groom for herself.

--IANS

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock