Govt. earmarks Rs 13 crore for DAS Phase III & IV completion

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
The government has earmarked a sum of Rs 13.02 crore for completion of Phase III and IV of Digital Addressable System (DAS) for cable television.

Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Rajyavardhan Rathore informed the Parliament that the scheme ‘Mission Digitization’ had been drawn up and a sum of Rs 1 crore out of the total Plan allocation had been earmarked for the MIS Software.

A multi-lingual and multi-desk toll free call centre was established under the Mission Digitisation Project to address peoples’ queries regarding ongoing cable TV digitization in the country.

Answering a question about committees set up by the Ministry for overseeing DAS, he said a Task Force had been set up to steer the digitization of cable TV network in the country in the remaining Phase III & IV. All the stakeholders, State level nodal officers of all States/UTs, Departments of Electronics and Information and Technology, Telecommunications and others including one consumer forum from each region have been made members of the body.

Referring to other committees relating to television, the Minister said an Inter-Ministerial Committee (IMC) had been constituted to take cognisance suo moto or to look into specific complaints regarding content on private TV channels on any platform including direct to home (DTH) & FM Radio with regard to violation of the Programme and Advertising Code as defined in Rule 6 & 7 of the Cable Television Network Rules, 1994 for TV channels & applicable Content Code for Radio. 

Members include the I&B, Home Affairs, Law & Justice, Women & Child Development, Health & Family Welfare, Extemal Affairs, Defence, Consumer Affairs, and Food and Public Distribution Ministries apart from a representative of the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI).

http://www.indiantelevision.com/regulators/i-and-b-ministry/govt-earmarks-rs-13-crore-for-das-phase-iii-iv-completion-151210

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock