Govt wants to know what you watch on TV, proposes installing chips in set-top boxes

But that would bring them in news. Plan is to be discreet as possible.

5 million box replacement cost TS whopping 1500 crore so it will come in news anyone if done within short period of time. #NoHiding

But I am sure nobody will be bear the cost so it will take time 20-30 years

So,Govt trying to implement Cambridge Analytica style scheme in broadcasting sector.

Well Done. New India is to be born.

Google takes our information after taking our permission.
They ask for these permission and some others are mentioned in t&c to use it.

You also sign agreement form while taking DTH/cable connection, they will just include a clause there

You also sign agreement form while taking DTH/cable connection, they will just include a clause there
That is not appropriate in my opinion as google takes data from us to sell to ad team to gain revenue as they don't charge us.
But dth cable operator charge us...

That is not appropriate in my opinion as google takes data from us to sell to ad team to gain revenue as they don't charge us.
But dth cable operator charge us...

Who says google does not charge ? You get only 15 GB storage ask anything more you have to pay. If they have all my data/photo/video in their pocket then why asking money then ? And it's not cheap also 100 GB at 130 INR / month

Pricing Guide

Who says google does not charge ? You get only 15 GB storage ask anything more you have to pay. If they have all my data/photo/video in their pocket then why asking money then ? And it's not cheap also 100 GB at 130 INR / month

Pricing Guide
FYI,the data collected from you is stored in google data center.You don't have to pay.It can be sold to ad agencies.

Google drive is your personal storage. You have to pay.It can't be sold.

5 million box replacement cost TS whopping 1500 crore so it will come in news anyone if done within short period of time. #NoHiding

But I am sure nobody will be bear the cost so it will take time 20-30 years
It won’t be immediate. All new stb after notification would be enabled with one.
It’s enough to know the trends of what people watch. This is for surveillance not control. Control can be done directly via channel /broadcaster.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock