Sad News HBO and WB to exit Indian market from 15th December

I have uploaded a couple of videos to YouTube with the last ad break and the final minutes before shutdown. I cannot attach them here since it is a violation of DDF rules, but you can easily search for them.
This still looks creepy the AXN shutdown Was normal but this is 😱😱😱
Totally agree, behen. Especially, the theme music of HBO (particularly in the employee thanks video) is deeply emotional and can make you weep.
They tried to grow in diff genres but unfortunately did not succeed, even struggling in kids genre. TCM, Lumiere Movies, Imagine TV, Toonami were fab chs but did not get right reach or promotion
Thank you for mentioning those channels too. All these Turner channels were not very popular anyway, but to cut the life support from HBO, the biggest of them all, is really heartbreaking.

Last edited:
jio tv showing

the channel Has ceased operations. please contact your service provider for more info.

showing on wb and hbo channel

OxH3xwh.jpg

Last edited:
Thank You! TRAI's chairman. Your new tariff has destroyed niche tv. Almost all HD Music, English GEC, Lifestyle channels, English Music channels etc. are gone. Just because we got OTT. Doesn't me we don't watch TV. We invest in TVs and HD boxes to enjoy satellite channels. Or we would opted for large screen monitors. I pity that our TV industry is being destroyed for a tariff which nobody seemed benefitted or wanted. Shame, that we have a system where we buy packages based on broadcasters. No country in the world uses such absurd methods.

Thank You! TRAI's chairman. Your new tariff has destroyed niche tv. Almost all HD Music, English GEC, Lifestyle channels, English Music channels etc. are gone. Just because we got OTT. Doesn't me we don't watch TV. We invest in TVs and HD boxes to enjoy satellite channels. Or we would opted for large screen monitors. I pity that our TV industry is being destroyed for a tariff which nobody seemed benefitted or wanted. Shame, that we have a system where we buy packages based on broadcasters. No country in the world uses such absurd methods.
Thanks to Central Government.

I remember just 4 years ago, we had all Bengali and Hindi ECs from STAR, SONY, ZEE and Viacom18. Alongwith it, almost 10 infotainment channels, 7+ kids channels, 8-9 music channels, many Bengali and Hindi news channels. That too at 190/- INR pm. And see now. We subscribe to 270/- INR pm cable pack, and get only STAR Bengali and Hindi channels, alongwith ZEE Bangla, 3 infotainment, 2 music channels, and some news channels (excluding NDTV which we earlier had). If we want to get the same number of channels as earlier, it would cost almost 550/- + INR pm. Just can't believe how much bills have increased in 4 years. We want bure din back. 😐

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock