Sad News HBO and WB to exit Indian market from 15th December

At least in the west, linear TV is in decline. The only purpose it serves is for sports, news, and live events. Everything else is better on OTT because (1) better quality with 4K UHD, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos possible, (2) watch on demand as per your convenience, and (3) no advertisements or channel logos. I haven't subscribed to cable or DTH in many years. Currently, I have Netflix, Prime Video, HBO Max and Apple TV+, and there is more than enough content available.

I see future of cable TV and DTH on decline in next 4 to 5 years unless until data charges go very high

How could English movie channels survive when people want Hollywood movies dubbed and aired in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu ............. !!!!
People are happy watching saas Bahu aur saazish on news channel than to watch sensible content on a channel like BBC earth. Moreover I don't understand why do we have so many hindi news channels. They are Free to air and are still surviving.

Just assumption
Turner is absent in English entertainment which is filled by Viacom 18 as all their shows air on CC or CI .
Is exit of HBO and WB suggesting of enter of viacom18 to English gener where Turner will merge it's south Asia operation with viacom18 ?

Just assumption
Turner is absent in English entertainment which is filled by Viacom 18 as all their shows air on CC or CI .
Is exit of HBO and WB suggesting of enter of viacom18 to English gener where Turner will merge it's south Asia operation with viacom18 ?
Not possible since Turner is a big competitor of Viacom18 in the kids segment, which is the last left for it (not counting CNN) after exiting English movies.

At least in the west, linear TV is in decline. The only purpose it serves is for sports, news, and live events. Everything else is better on OTT because (1) better quality with 4K UHD, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos possible, (2) watch on demand as per your convenience, and (3) no advertisements or channel logos. I haven't subscribed to cable or DTH in many years. Currently, I have Netflix, Prime Video, HBO Max and Apple TV+, and there is more than enough content available.
Linear TV is not in decline. But DTH/cable is in decline in the west. One reason is OTT and another reason is the superb quality of terrestrial broadcasting there.

Bro, are you in the US? Hearing that the new terrestrial broadcast standard ATSC 3.0 is launching here. It is said to bring an OTT like interactive experience to terrestrial TV.

I am in US. Not yet launched in my city.

HBO and WB channels to be discontinued in India due to lower subscription & viewership.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock