Discussion How strong concept Star India shows are?

• Thread starter hike
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 61
  • Views: Views 4,874
The million dollar question no one here is asking is how a state specific regional network like Sun TV outperforming it's counterpart Star Vijay. But also outperforming flagship channel like Star Plus. What special they got?
Recently, Sun TV spotted fall and Star Vijay seen increase in its rating 😸 but don't divert topic.

Recently, Sun TV spotted fall and Star Vijay seen increase in its rating 😸 but don't divert topic.
No one's diverting topic. First post has regional channels as well.
Even though you will also agree on it that shows like Diya Aur Baati Hum, Saath Nibhana Saathiya, Yeh Rishta Kya Kahlata Hai, Ye Hai Mohabbatein, etc dubbed in regional languages are also scoring good specially among South audience.

I am of the view that you're trying to prove that Star shows are good in ratings that's why they are strong concepts. Bro Housefull 4, Laxmii, are those films which were ripped apart by critics but scored well on television. We are not of the view that Star shows are bad , we are of the view that Indian audiences must improve their standards of watching Television shows. We as a nation are no 1 hypocrites we want to see change in television and films but we make those very same regressive concepts successful, isn't that an irony?

Regarding Sun TV it has experienced falls but still has never been dethroned as the no.1 channel in TN. I may hate their shows but their movie collection and importance is something I wish that all networks in India must learn

Where does zee network stand? Colors is dominant in Delhi, star is dominant over most of the HSM regions, and Sony channels have significant presence in western states and urban areas, but it is the Zee network channels that lack a strong regional base for its hindi gec.
In Maharashtra and Goa currently Star Network is strong, Star Pravah is Leader though Zee Marathi has hype and very popular channel and among hindi the popular channel is Sony/SAB known for non fictions, tarak mehta earlier it was Zee tv at pavitra rishta time now no one knows about Zee tv or Star plus here.

I am of the view that you're trying to prove that Star shows are good in ratings that's why they are strong concepts. Bro Housefull 4, Laxmii, are those films which were ripped apart by critics but scored well on television. We are not of the view that Star shows are bad , we are of the view that Indian audiences must improve their standards of watching Television shows. We as a nation are no 1 hypocrites we want to see change in television and films but we make those very same regressive concepts successful, isn't that an irony?
You forget to read my question mark in thread title I'm asking to discuss. Not here prove anything.

Last edited:
The Answer is - No, Not That Great Concept, But surely can improve
But why ratings are good, new broadcasters are willing to take there shows?
See on this forum I can bet 90% of people hate those saas bahu shows and illogical storyline. Even in my home my mom and other women didn't watch such illogical shows. So, how they are getting ratings is BARC manipulating with the ratings?

But why ratings are good, new broadcasters are willing to take there shows?
See on this forum I can bet 90% of people hate those saas bahu shows and illogical storyline. Even in my home my mom and other women didn't watch such illogical shows. So, how they are getting ratings is BARC manipulating with the ratings?
Cuz, people without smartphones got to do something for timepass?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock