Discussion How strong concept Star India shows are?

• Thread starter hike
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 61
  • Views: Views 4,990
See here is your own perception but talking with the fact Star shows are more watched by TV Audience that's why still they are running on 3 re-run GEC I don't find Sony shows on other network leave other network their own re-run GEC Sony Pal is not showing their shows in prime slot. And, talking about preference only rating tells that.
You are so much deep into it that you can't see CID, Adalat, Taraak Mehta ka Ooltah Chashma overplayed but find Mahadev overplayed. Do you know Mahadev is scoring more than many Sony shows in its re-run on Star Bharat which channel is not even watched by many.
I am not hating on Mahadev. I have seen the original run in Life Ok. I think it's overplayed as it's on multiple network. I think I saw on multiple regional and FTA channels. Star Bharat will get good numbers because it comes bundled with Star Plus in every bouquet which is the flagship channel of the country.

I am not hating on Mahadev. I have seen the original run in Life Ok. I think it's overplayed as it's on multiple network. I think I saw on multiple regional and FTA channels. Star Bharat will get good numbers because it comes bundled with Star Plus in every bouquet which is the flagship channel of the country.
Bro Mahadev is scoring more than Laxmi Ghar Aai their new show, and also it's on primetime slot of 9:30pm which basically showcase many shows on TV. This shows how strongly Star India is bundled with back-up.

Wait those all successfully running on Star Plus and even most of those concept even made appearance on it. But the failure behind Sony is that there reach was just revolves around a small amount of people but Star covered up all genres time to time.
Mahabharat, Mahadev, Prithviraj Chauhan, etc. were watched by many. Even I forgot to mention Star Plus's Prithviraj Chauhan was telecasted few months ago on Big Magic (own by ZEEL and soon to be ZEE Ganga)
Bro you may be a Star fan but Sony's shows are much more culturally significant. Be it CID, Crime Patrol, Tmkoc, FIR etc these shows are a meme factories of their own. Star's Anupamaa, YRKKH and SvS are culturally significant especially SvS which is one of the best intelligent comedy shows. Sony shows have huge rewatchability while Star shows except its sitcoms like Baa Bahu Aur Baby, SvS have zero rewatchability and have aged badly. Saath Nibhana Saathiya is one such example which became a meme because of the stupidity shown by the characters

Obviously Drama wise

So that masses which was used to watch Star One shows now become aunties they are even watching these shows? When will time came when shows with good concept score good?

Young audience has shifted to OTT hence youth channels on tv have less scope now. Good content definition differs for various demographic, older audience enjoys saas bahu shows or family drama shows hence channels air it but saying so Star Plus has matured a lot interms of even daily soaps and new concepts r nice. Later on after 20 yrs we might see more mature concepts on tv as that time current youth will like to see it on channels

Bro you may be a Star fan but Sony's shows are much more culturally significant. Be it CID, Crime Patrol, Tmkoc, FIR etc these shows are a meme factories of their own. Star's Anupamaa, YRKKH and SvS are culturally significant especially SvS which is one of the best intelligent comedy shows. Sony shows have huge rewatchability while Star shows except its sitcoms like Baa Bahu Aur Baby, SvS have zero rewatchability and have aged badly. Saath Nibhana Saathiya is one such example which became a meme because of the stupidity shown by the characters

No doubt sony has good shows since long time and tried bringing intetesting concepts.... Main issue is that most of their shows remained urban centric which is why they has less connect with masses and Sony Pal does not air them. Star Network has tried to cater to every audience and has shows which can fit in both FTA or main channels. Sab TV library is good but Sony again not utilising it well on Sony Pal...they r just relying on CID, TMKOC, CID which in my opinion becomes boring to watch and lastly Crime Patrol is not a good show anymore, though Sony airs it a lot but now its ratings r dismal

Oh now it become fandom moment?
See I'm not spokesperson of any channel but let's deal with the fact. Shows run from ratings not from meme material. Yes saas bahu drama eventually gained well on TV and that's what I'm saying Star India did very well homework from decades but others failed to do that.
You are just repeating same name from Sony CID, Crime Patrol, TMKOC, FIR non of them Sony show had stable TRP even when there was no internet revolution. They used to be in Top 5 just few weeks in whole year that doesn't make them strong enough.
Talking about repeat just look at the TRP chart you'll know about how much TRP repeat telecast is gaining.

See I'm not spokesperson of any channel but let's deal with the fact. Shows run from ratings not from meme material. Yes saas bahu drama eventually gained well on TV and that's what I'm saying Star India did very well homework from decades but others failed to do that.
You are just repeating same name from Sony CID, Crime Patrol, TMKOC, FIR non of them Sony show had stable TRP even when there was no internet revolution. They used to be in Top 5 just few weeks in whole year that doesn't make them strong enough.
Talking about repeat just look at the TRP chart you'll know about how much TRP repeat telecast is gaining.
It's hilarious how everybody nowadays gets one or other spokesperson like tv debates. 😂

Would you tell us what's the discussion about on this thread? Is it about ratings, strong concept or repeat values?

TRP is just a way to judge. My way to judge a show is that how it creates an impact on audiences and Sony shows do create.

TRP is just a way to judge. My way to judge a show is that how it creates an impact on audiences and Sony shows do create.
Exactly, Sony's shows you mentioned are cult favourite. Loved across all ages. CID and Aahat started before my birth. Yet, my generation still loves these shows. If you go to youtube. You can find channels like Liv Crime. You can see college kids commenting on how they go there to relieve stress. Even YRF and Sony's shows have so much following that it ended up on platform like Netflix.

Where does zee network stand? Colors is dominant in Delhi, star is dominant over most of the HSM regions, and Sony channels have significant presence in western states and urban areas, but it is the Zee network channels that lack a strong regional base for its hindi gec.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock