how to make 6 feet c band dish?

This C band dish can also be used for Ku band, but the dth lnbf's illuminate(cover) a small portion of the 0.38 F/D ratio dish, so just change the feed of the LNBF, or purchase a ku band lnbf with chapparal feed, or purchase a C+ku band solid brand LNBF which i previously mentioned here Link Removed

The values above are for C band Prime focus dish.

Prime focus is full parabolic reflector and offset is a part of the full dish, like a sliced part.

one more question,how ribs of length 195cm should i use if im going to use metal for panels and can i use tin for panels?

More the ribs, more the surface accuracy.

But as number of ribs increases, cost of material will increase, so balance between them.

Use 12 ribs.

Each rib should be 97.7 cm in length. It is half of 195.45 Cm

So 12 x 97.7 cm = 1172.4 cm

You will need material of length 1172.4 cm to make 12 ribs.

What material you will use for ribs?

You can use Galvanized Aluminum(Zinc coated) metal sheet, but the pole and mount should be strong enough to withstand cyclones.

Otherwise use approximately 2.5 mm(if you want to receive ku band, rule is hole diameter should be 1/10th of the receiving wavelength) holed, weaved mesh or any other perforated metal sheets, this reduces the pressure from cyclonic winds.

The above materials are available at plywood stores and house construction material stores.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock