I&B Ministry to install monitoring system for digitisation encryption

tech_genie

Reaction score
I&B Ministry to install monitoring system for digitisation

In a bid to monitor the progress of second phase of digitisation, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting plans to install a centralised monitoring system to keep a tab on the encryption of channels by multi-system operators (MSOs). Under Digital Addressable System (DAS), it is mandatory for MSOs to transmit digital encrypted signals.

In a statement, the Ministry said that this monitoring system will be able to detect those MSOs that do not carry the mandated encrypted signals. A Web-based pilot project for monitoring has been installed at Bangalore and is undergoing field trials. This system will help users to analyse and prepare report on the status of DAS parameters such as the total number of channels, encryption status of cable television head-ends of each registered MSO across the country in real time.

“This system can be augmented in future for content monitoring of the cable TV channels at local levels. It is expected that the system will also evolve as an alternative indicator of television viewing by consumers,” the Ministry said.

Source: I&B Ministry to install monitoring system for digitisation - Business Line

Good move... Install this first at Chennai...

I & B and its failure to check the following.

1: To check if enough STB's are available in the local market.
2: Are people looted in the name of STB's, when millions of poor citizen needs to purchase STB's why is the price still over Rs 1500.00?.
3: After sales service for STB's?
4: Blind eye towards Chennai digitization.
5: Are CAS areas charging more than Rs 5 per channel for A La Carte?
6: Quality of channels given by MSO's.
7: Stop Monopoly by MSO's.
8: Illegal and unannounced removal of famous News channels due to business competition.
9: Indian govt can own Prasar Bharathi and DD but TN govt cant own Arasu.
10: Showing DAS Ad's only in Hindi in an aim of promoting Hindi.
11: Return and Refund of STB's when moving to another area or Globalizing the STB's so people can use it with any MSO across the nation like using sim cards in mobile phones.

I'm sure there are 100's more.... if anyone knows please add...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock