Discussion IND v/s SA Graphics & Resolution on Sony Ten1 and Ten3

• Thread starter TJ_DJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 117
  • Views: Views 16,571
I was not having Sony Ten3 till now. Have got it recently. Will the 3rd test be in full screen on Ten3? Asking, because the highlights of 2nd test are still shown with Black Bars on top and bottom on Ten3.

2nd test LIVE was in which format on Ten3? Please let me know.
Don't worry bro the match will be in full screen.It was in full screen in 2nd test.Me too watching on sony ten 3 with hindi commentry(though it is not at the level of english commentary).Me too noted that highlights are always shown with black bars.can't say why but the matches surely will be in full screen

Thanks for the confirmation. Who are the commentators? I think Jadeja is one, who are the others?

Bro, the issue with not telecasting in full screen is due to the Graphics (Scoreboard, Other statistics and Animations etc.) being used. They are now optimised only for HD viewing (16:9 aspect ratio). Hence to maintain it on a SD feed, the channels have to add those bars. It is however, possible to telecast 16:9 aspect ratio in SD feed too, but that'd make the picture unrealistic in CRT (@Varunkfdd bro may confirm) Hence, they add the black bars.

However, for the current IND v/s SA series they faced a lot of backlash on social media and forums (such as this thread). Probably they realised and decided to make it full screen.

in crt tv players look thin and tall but its ok in foreign sd channels also in 16:9 only in india its 4:3

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock