India’s DTH Selling In Bangladesh

Ravi budhwar

Reaction score
dth-news-pic.jpg

It’s not too long that India has started it’s large (DTH) direct-to-home television channel business in whole country. Seventy out of hundred people currently uses DTH in their home TV. Tata Sky, Reliance TV, Airtel TV etc. are all currently the top businesses. Hence fourth, such DTH satellite TV channel services are being served in Bangladesh as well. However, such services are illegal or not authorized by the operator.

A seller has claimed that he is an authorized dealer and provides such DTH service in interested party’s home within Bangladesh. He also said that “I have all type of DTH set-top boxes including HD channels, 3D channels etc. with one year warranty of all the DTH providers and for your assurance I’ve all types of loading scratch cards, mobile loads, online recharge facilities on demand.”

After a little research and from one of his customer, who received his service has told that “I’d purchased the Tata Sky HD box from him including the umbrella antenna. Funny thing to me is that, he provided me a non-branded local antenna and all the other little parts and the only original part I received is just the box which says Tata Sky. I doubt that all others are made in our country except for the box. But who cares, it’s working excellent.” We tried to capture a photo of the antenna but he denied to show us and his identity.

The seller is selling a Tata Sky HD set-top box at the rate of Tk. 12,500.00 BDT where the same box is being sold in India at Rs. 2,599.00 INR which is equivalent to our currency at Tk. 4,020.00 BDT. A difference of Tk.8480.00 BDT comparing with the price provided by the main provider in India.

Back in January 2010, Obaidul Kader, the standing committee chairman of parliament including Md Touhid Hossain, managing director of cable TV operator ‘Nation Electronics and Cable Operator’ said that they accepted the recommendation of DTH in Bangladesh and would launch such service by large investor soon. However no further update was received and which has caused such illegal services being served all over the country. And since government haven’t really overlooked at this cable operators technology so as they don’t have any good control over it.

According to the current citizens of Bangladesh, they’re forced to take the local cable operators which serves approximately 70-80 channels and to get further channels people are switching to such DTH facility where they get hundreds of channels even in crystal clear and sharp picture quality comparing to local operators.

For any enquiry regarding such DTH services in Dhaka, you may send your email to response[at]inewstoday.net.

Copyright 2011 iNewsToday. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
http://www.inewstoday.net/2011/tata-sky-reliance-tv-indias-dth-selling-in-bangladesh-airtel-tv-dish-tv/

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock