Discussion Solution for picture quality on HD channels

mypermspam

Reaction score
So this is a problem I personally experienced and noticed when I first connected my Binge plus box is that the HD channels were looking washed out on my tv and looked better on my previous HD+ box. I finally found the fix. The key lies in this setting (OF YOUR TV, NOT TATA PLAY BINGE SETTINGS). HDMI EDID VERSION.
Settings—Device Preferences—Inputs—HDMI EDID VERSION. (on android tvs)
Now it’s likely yours is set to AUTO as default.
EDID 1.4 is for 1080p inputs and EDID 2.0 is for 2160p.
This is why on connecting your Tata play binge plus box, your tv recognises it as a 2160p box and applies the same to all channels.
So when it’s in auto mode it uses EDID 2.0 for even 1080p and tries to upscale resulting in pixelated washed out colours (this could vary to to tv, some tvs will upscale really well) but for me this made the picture quality exactly like it was on my old HD+ box which was superb.
You can check this (1080p or 2160p) by just pressing the centre button on my tv remote. I would advice you use EDID 2.0 for streaming OTT and EDID 1.4 for Tata sky channels

Not sure what is EDID, but when I was using binge+ in my vu tv ,1080p output was giving sharper and brighter picture as compared to 4k output

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock