Interoperability of STBs for DTH still a distant dream

Niraj Rathod

Reaction score
None of the six private direct-to-home operators are providing interoperable set top boxes, despite license conditions at Articles 7.1 and 7.2 of the Guidelines are clear that these should be based on open architecture (non-proprietory).

Information and Broadcasting Ministry sources said that the Guidelines wanted inter-operability to ensure technical compatibility and effective interoperability among different DTH service providers and conformity to the specifications as laid down by the Government from time to time.

The STBs were not interoperable because all the DTH operators were using different technologies and standards for signal compression and transmission.

The sources told indiantelevision.com the Guidelines were also clear that the licensee shall ensure the subscriber's interests through a Conditional Access System which is compatible with an open architecture STB.
http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k11/dec/dec197.php

My dish tv box is lying ideal bcoz of these interportablity problem :wall

The private operators are making only money, not serving people at all.
My Tata Sky box is now of no use and I have to buy Videocon d2h STB to watch their services.
If portability was possible, I could save my hard earned money.
We hope like Mobile Number Portability, soon we can see DTH Portability.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock