Investing on HD and 4k boxes

• Thread starter Thread starter Sateesh_Hyd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 12
  • Views Views: Views 2,178

Sateesh_Hyd

Reaction score
Hi All

Just wanted to know is this the right fine to invest on HD and 4K setup boxes as we are getting limited channels on all setup boxes.
I am using a HD box but not happy as the service provider giving limited channels from service provider, coming to 4K how many channels we are getting in 4K ( this question needs to be verified before purchasing ) I am not anti to anyone but for investing on 4k is a wastage of money as we are getting very less channels.

Appreciate if some one like seniors or Mods will add their comments and inputs to this as they are masters in this forum.

Thanks
Sateesh

There is no question over HD boxes, because you can say that there is limited number of HD channels but SD boxes is useless (almost) in 32+ inch LCD/LED TVs. To enjoy the performance of your TV you must invest on HD.

Me neither is happy with the current channel lineup in India. We need more channels.

4K is a quite different issue. If you can afford a 4K TV then you might think the situation differently. Its depending on your purchasing power i assume. Regarding content, for the next couple year 4K will limited to special sports occasion only like World Cup or Olympics. Then we will see 4K VOD channels.

4K TV channels is still a long shot.

I accept the point on 4K channels.

I think HD channels count needs to be increased. If you start seeing the count of regional HD channels we can count them in figures only Sun network started HD telecast.

There is a huge need of HD channels as the generation is moving towards LCD and LED and we cannot view them with SD clarity.

lot more hd channels will come. Just waiting for licences from MIB

To buy a UHD STB, first obvious thing we need is a UHD TV. I feel the time is not yet right to buy UHD TV. Many people might buy UHD TV thinking that in future when 4K Blu-Rays (and 4K dth, streaming, etc) become very popular their TV is already ready for the same i.e. they think that their TV is now future proof. I beg to differ here. Gone are the days, when one used to buy a CRT TV and it would hold its value for 25 years. Nowadays TVs are more like mobile phones i.e. every couple of years new technology/features come up making older versions more or less obsolete. Hence, unless you need a UHD TV now i.e. you find the its use today, do not buy one. i.e. Buy only if you have its use today and don't think that it will be useful tomorrow. If you are thinking of tomorrow then buy the TV only tomorrow because a new technology would have come up. One can extend the same logic to UHD STB.

Summary: There will always be a new model coming out every other day. So one should buy only if he needs it today and not if he thinks that it will be useful to him in the future.

4K TV price is very high in India. When it comes under Rs. 30000 then I think we can go for 4K. Am I wrong??:lol

sas123 said:
4K TV price is very high in India. When it comes under Rs. 30000 then I think we can go for 4K. Am I wrong??:lol

I am not sure if it will come down to 30,000 Rs/-. Unless it is 47" or more TV, what is the use of having 4K TV? 4K does not make much sense in TVs lesser than 40". It will be hardly noticeable. So you may never get a 4K TV at 30K!

Before u buy an 4k TV, 8k would have arrived, aleady olympics games will be telecasted by NHK in 8k :)

Back
Top Bottom