IS SES8,BENEFIT FOR AIRTEL DIGITAL TV?

Reaction score
I think ses8 launch on september,2013,is this satelite benefit for airtel dth? how many tp airtel get frm this?is channel capacity is higher than ses7?... 0

ses8 is coming @95E. No benefit for Airtel which is @108E.

This thread can be closed now. :k

@shawl_who..
so there's no immediate relief if airtel ran out of Tps...??

ksagar7up said:
@shawl_who..
so there's no immediate relief if airtel ran out of Tps...??

They still have some space left on existing 11 TPs, and 1 fully unused TP that has to be activated.
But it will be only in early 2016, SES9 will launch @108E. Until then, they'll have some problems.

There are 2 solutions to the problem.
1) Lease TPs on NSS11
2) Move all HD channels on, soon to be launched Asiasat7 @105E, and HD users buy monoblock. :k

yaa...i heard abt that unused TP b4 ...
क्या मुहुरत धुंढ रहे है एअरटेल वाले उसके लिये?
btw how many capacity that will have??
and aren't they have been paying for that TP r8 now??
2016 means like 3years from now...they gotta do something...
if more HD channels are launched then they'll get in trouble...or
end up compressing the quality of channels...

that only airtel dudes can tell :lol
It will have the capacity of abt 35 SD channels.

they can acure 3 to 5 tps from existing ses7,dont worry.ISRO now do some systamatic work.all dth have the benefit at same time only.they will buy some extra tps soon.there is a plan to reberate forign sat rights.but it will take 3 or more months.

@people bro: There arent 3 to 5 TPs left on SES7.
12 TP deal has been signed with Airtel, 6 are being used on NE beam under "CIGNAL" package.
Total = 19 TPs

So, there is only 1 TP, whose whereabouts are still unknown.

may be ,mine is 1 year back news,i don't know exact information.but this is what i got before(they can acure more TP from SES,but how "i am not clear!!!).

As per Airtel officials they don't have short term TP shortage. But for long term they are concerned about TP shortage and they waiting for the govt approval.
Why they are not adding most demanded HD & Some regional channels, that they have to explain.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock