Korea becomes first country to launch UHD TV channel

But in reality not only south Korea but many east Asian countries are ahead of us but not only us but they are also ahead of western countries too. Their main reason for leading in Technology is bcuz of there infrastructure in technology has it is a primary subject in their institutions now for example south korea started providing 4g lte service in 2010 where has USA and others started this service in 2012 or later and now they are planing for 5g connection and in japan u can get 2 giga bits broadband connection for just 50 usd per month and i read in a artical that many residents in tokyo complian that 50 usd per month is too much for 2 giga bits internet speed connection :D

Anirudha Das said:
BTW how much space UHD channel consume in my approx atleast 10 SD channels like space experts please shed some light on this.

If they are using the latest video codec which is h265 for UHD channels then hardly more than 15 to 20 mega bits per second but if they are using the current codec which is h264 then surely they need around 40 to 50 Mega bits per secnod connection for best picture quality.

DishHD said:
If they are using the latest video codec which is h265 for UHD channels then hardly more than 15 to 20 mega bits per second but if they are using the current codec which is h264 then surely they need around 40 to 50 Mega bits per secnod connection for best picture quality.

But how many SD channels equal to UHD,4K and 8K?:huh

Directly skipping to UHD instead of Full HD? Those 4k tv's available in the market are quite expensive so i just hope they don't start UHD service in India for atleast 4-5years :p

shreyaskini said:
Directly skipping to UHD instead of Full HD? Those 4k tv's available in the market are quite expensive so i just hope they don't start UHD service in India for atleast 4-5years :p

Forget India even many developed countries in the world like from east to west cannot launch a ultra HDTV 4k channel but only few countries in east Asia like Japan, south Korea and Hong Kong etc can launch ultra HD channels and thats bcuz of the infrastructure of internet in this countries around 90 % of area are covered with fttp latest fibre optics cables in this countries which can provide internet speeds of upto 10 giga bits per second. And remember they are providing this uhd 4k channel through their local cable which means through their own internet providers has it very much easy for them bcuz of fibre optic installed almost every part of south Korea and has is in Japan and Hong Kong etc. Now coming back to us Japan started deploying this fibre optic cable in early 2000's means around more than ten years ago has did south korea and other east asian countries too who followed japans foot step and India started to deploy fibre optics in India hardly 5 or 6 years ago beside india is a very big country it will take aleast 20 to 30 more years just to cover 50 % of metro areas of india with fibre optic. Now if u r thinking any Indian dth or cable can launch a 4k channel through satellite then bro sorry to say our dth can't afford satellites to provide us HD channels then uhd 4k channels are just out of mind through satellite.

dipayan said:
Google that IP to know address. Or u can use any website like whatismyipaddress.com to know location

Who Is website gives full details including name in whose name site is registered, IP address, host location, expiry date, etc. etc.

dipayan said:
We need experts from South Korea to answer this. I have another question. I know blue ray can run 1080p at 24 Hz but is blue ray capable of running 4K resolution?

No.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock