Ku Band Signal Lost in Rain

Vikram

Reaction score
Today i Notice in Rain Fall :
Ku Band Signal Show Strong Coz Receive one Small Size Dish But these Are Very Week When Rain Or Bad Weather Condition ....

C band Signal Are Stable and No any Weather Effect on it. if We Want to Watch Some Spacial Program on Bad Weather Time.......only one Solution Connect with Local Cable Operator Coz We Can not Buy C-band Pay channels Decoder , these Are Very Costly And high Monthly Rent in Lacs or Thousand Par Channels:)

Hey, hey but u can buy larger dish for the same dth satellite, cant you? Thats better.

Vikram said:
Today i Notice in Rain Fall :
Ku Band Signal Show Strong Coz Receive one Small Size Dish But these Are Very Week When Rain Or Bad Weather Condition ....

C band Signal Are Stable and No any Weather Effect on it. if We Want to Watch Some Spacial Program on Bad Weather Time.......only one Solution Connect with Local Cable Operator Coz We Can not Buy C-band Pay channels Decoder , these Are Very Costly And high Monthly Rent in Lacs or Thousand Par Channels:)

Hi Vikram,

IIt is Rain fade effect whic is primarily to the absorption of a microwave radio frequency (RF) signal by atmospheric rain, snow or ice, and losses are especially prevalent at frequencies above 10 GHz

Rain affects the transmissio of an electromagnetic signal in three
ways: (1) It attenuates the signal;
(2) it increases the system noise temperature
(3) it changes the polarization.
All three of these mechanisms cause a degradation in the received signal quality and become increasingly significant as the carrier frequency increases.

At C-band the effects are minor and at Ku-band, while they are noticable, can be accommodted. But at higher frequencies, such as Ka-band or V-band, the degradation can be so great that it simply cannot be be compensated at the level of availability usually expected for lower frequencies. This article will explore the physical mechanisms of rain degradation and will compare the relative effects in various frequncy bands used for satellite communication.

Max said:
Hey, hey but u can buy larger dish for the same dth satellite, cant you? Thats better.

Larger dish won't help you to overcome this rain fade effect on Ku band...its all about electromegnatic signal loss due to rain/snow effect we can say technical limitations....researcher also tried hard to eliminate this issue past 10-15 years but not succeeded yet.

I think I am not much aware of knowledge of satellite system. I was suppose myself a good knowledge person of the field. Thanks. I dont know which point of view u statement like this but still I thought same as last. If u buy same dish like cable operator I dont think u will face it.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock