Malar Publications set to launch new Tamil GEC - Diwali Time

Reaction score
The Tamil general entertainment space is set to see some action around Diwali time. Close on the heels of New Generation Media Corporation announcing its new Tamil GEC Pudhu Yugam, comes the news of another Tamil GEC set to hit the airwaves, this time from the Dina Thanthi Group, which is part of Malar Publications.

image url
Sources close to the development have confirmed the news to exchange4media and said that the channel will be launched post Diwali. The new GEC, whose name has not been revealed yet, will air both fiction and non-fiction shows and slots will be sold to various production houses for serials or soaps, the sources added. Officials from the Dina Thanthi Group could not be reached for comments at the time of filing the report.

It is learnt that the group plans to spend around Rs 5 crore to Rs 6 crore on the new Tamil GEC.

For the record, Malar Publications publishes three newspapers – Daily Thanthi, Malai Malar and Malai Murasu; and three magazines Rani Muthu, Rani Weekly and Gokulam Kathir. The group also owns an FM radio channel Hello FM, along with the Tamil news channel Thanthi TV.

Malar Publications set to launch new Tamil GEC

Oh my god..... Four New Tamil GEC Channels to rock Tamil television industry before and post Diwali. PudhuYugam,Vendhar tv, SPlash tv (The Hindu Newspaper Group) & Dina Thanthi Group's Channel.

Tamil Nadu cable tv users except Chennai can enjoy these channels for sure. But not sure all of these channels will be added to dth.

And, I thought malar publication is owning dina malar. Now only I come to know that it is dina thanthi group.

Sadiq said:
Tamil Nadu cable tv users except Chennai can enjoy these channels for sure. But not sure all of these channels will be added to dth.

And, I thought malar publication is owning dina malar. Now only I come to know that it is dina thanthi group.

not only you i am also thought malar publication is owning dina malar.just now i know its a malaimalar publication in thanthi group...

because in dinamalar website news live tv is playing .

No bro. It is dina thanthi. Check the link in the first post. Also you can google yourself.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock