Sad News Many Sony channels removed from Tata Sky due to breakdown in contract negotiations (Sony Six HD Readded)

• Thread starter ayanc99
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,172
  • Views: Views 329,649
Status
Not open for further replies.
Analyze, people.

Sony says "We have not increased prices contrary to what you may be hearing"
and not something like "We have not increased prices contrary to what TataSky is telling you"

SPN is acting clever by NOT claiming that TS is telling Sony has increased prices but still making people think what they (SPN) want them to think. (As TS telling people that SPN has increased prices)

And in the other side, Tata Sky is telling "Commercial negotiations with the broadcasters broke down as what they were seeking would have forced us to hike our prices"
They too are not telling anything like "Commercial negotiations with the broadcasters broke down as SPN has increased the channel prices"

TS is putting SPN in fault by telling that their actions (in this case, not arriving at mutual agreement on discounts/prices/revenue) would have made them (TS) to increase the prices of TS packs. (Indirectly they too want people to think Sony has increased prices).

In reality, both are hungry for money and are acting like kids by putting blame on each other. They have lost the maturity they had earned in the industry. This is utterly shameful for both brands.

I may be wrong, but what I understands from statements by both parties is this

1. Sony has not increased prices
2. Sony is asking more revenue from Tata Sky, which tata sky is not ready to pay, thats why commercial negotiations failed.

Now in their last contract in 2015, Tata Sky has around 10 million active subscribers, currently they have 16 million subcribers

Suppose Tata Sky paid Rs. 10 for each subscriber to Sony, so they paid 10 million x 10

Now sony is asking for 16 million x 10

Yes the contract will look 60% higher price, but they have same no of more active subscribers.

If sony is asking anything more than that, then its different issue, but from statement of both parties, I figure Tata Sky is at fault. But I may be wrong as I said earlier.

Last edited:
In reality, if people are not willing to avail a channel by miss call then the amount of that channel should be added in the account or package price should be reduced accordingly.

Thinking of crushing stb of TS and uploading those pics in their twitter handle..

Don't be this much aggressive man

Last edited:
----------Post Removed----------

MOD NOTE : Post removed due to the unavailability of English translation.

Last edited by a moderator:
What to do?
miss call no. not working
helpline no. not working 😢😢

I don't know if its working now. On Oct 1 it was not working. They have mentioned SMS Codes on their website, you can give it a try

3.1.3 By sending the SMS code appearing against the respective Channel given below to 56633 from the RMN:-
Sr. No. Channel Name SMS Code
1 SET SERI
2 Sony SAB SBRI
3 SET HD EHRI
4 Sony Max SMRI
5 Sony Six SSRI
6 Sony Ten 1 TSRI
7 Sony Ten 1 HD OHRI
8 Sony Ten 2 HD TNRI
9 Sony Ten 3 TTRI
10 Sony Pix HD SPRI
11 AajTak AJRI

Terms and Conditions

What to do?
miss call no. not working
helpline no. not working 😢😢
Everything working for me why not for you
Activated 10 Channels via missed call only
Chatting(maximum 3 minutes waited) & calling(maximum 1 minute waited) them daily 2-3 times

just activated 3 channels sab tv, pix & aaj tak. (Sony HD didn't blocked for me)
The removal that hurt me alot is Sab HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock