Discussion Marathi Serials and Reality Show Updates

heay06z.jpg

It's high time for Star Pravah to bring out a good quality non-fiction show.

Why? Let me explain:-

On 24th June Zee Marathi launched the new season of Saregamapa Li'l Champs (SRGMP-LC) Marathi with the five finalists of the earlier season as judges, which included famous Marathi Playback singer Aarya Ambekar. ZM thought this will give them a stronghold in the non-fiction genre, as it has been an iconic show over the years breaking the language barrier, and thus bring in more TRPs.

But the first episode itself got a thumbs down from its viewers. Aarya Ambekar was trolled and compared to the likes of Neha Kakkar for all the 'Radna-Vidna' she did in the show. Many viewers also expressed dissatisfaction over the host of the show - Mrunmayee Deshpande. Some even said that she lacked the charm of the show's former host Miss Pallavi Joshi. In short, after the first episode, viewers rejected the new season in its entirety.

The way ZM made a mockery of SRGMP-LC in its new season, I believe this season is not going to last until 3 months.

SO that's why SP should bring a proper non-fiction show. Here are some suggestions :

1. Connexion (कनेक्शन) - Popular in the southern markets, this show first aired on Star Vijay and was a super hit show. Soon it was remade into Kannada and Malayalam languages. If handled properly, it could be a game-changer for SP.

2. Sixth Sense (सिकस्थ सेंस) - Another popular show aired in two languages - Kannada and Telugu. SP may utilize this as a weekend show.

3. Super Singer (सुपर सिंगर) - If SP launches this, no doubt it will give the others (CM, ZM, SM) a zoracha jhatka. This has been already a bumper hit on Star Vijay with 8 successful seasons in its kitty. So much so that Star Jalsha adapted this show for the Bengali audiences and had a successful run of two seasons and another season (SS season 3) is on its way to be launched. ZM will regret the blunder they did with SRGMP-LC.
Although SP had earlier launched Mi Honar Superstar, it failed mainly because of the lockdown. Or else it could've been successful.

4. The Four (द फोर) - An internationally acclaimed music Reality show, this could give SP an edge over its counterparts for its unique format. This show is already a runaway hit in the US, Brazil, Israel and Romania. If SP adapts this format in the Marathi language, it will give the viewers a one-of-a-kind experience.

5. Nach Baliye (नच बलिये) - Although SP launched a version of this popular show way back in 2008. It still remains unclear why it didn't bring up a new season of the show ever since. It was the only successful non-fiction show that brought in some good ratings, if not the way it desired, for SP. Maybe they should give it another try.

and last but not the least :

6. Start Musik (स्टार्ट म्युझिक) - Although there were reports of SP bringing a Marathi adaptation of this popular show, there has been till date no confirmation about the same. But they should at least use this as a testing step before they actually re-enter the non-fiction genre after a long hiatus.

Last edited:
It's high time for Star Pravah to bring out a good quality non-fiction show.

Why? Let me explain:-

On 24th June Zee Marathi launched the new season of Saregamapa Li'l Champs (SRGMP-LC) Marathi with the five finalists of the earlier season as judges, which included famous Marathi Playback singer Aarya Ambekar. ZM thought this will give them a stronghold in the non-fiction genre, as it has been an iconic show over the years breaking the language barrier, and thus bring in more TRPs.

But the first episode itself got a thumbs down from its viewers. Aarya Ambekar was trolled and compared to the likes of Neha Kakkar for all the 'Radna-Vidna' she did in the show. Many viewers also expressed dissatisfaction over the host of the show - Mrunmayee Deshpande. Some even said that she lacked the charm of the show's former host Miss Pallavi Joshi. In short, after the first episode, viewers rejected the new season in its entirety.

The way ZM made a mockery of SRGMP-LC in its new season, I believe this season is not going to last until 3 months.

SO that's why SP should bring a proper non-fiction show. Here are some suggestions :

1. Connexion (कनेक्शन) - Popular in the southern markets, this show first aired on Star Vijay and was a super hit show. Soon it was remade into Kannada and Malayalam languages. If handled properly, it could be a game-changer for SP.

2. Sixth Sense (सिकस्थ सेंस) - Another popular show aired in two languages - Kannada and Telugu. SP may utilize this as a weekend show.

3. Super Singer (सुपर सिंगर) - If SP launches this, no doubt it will give the others (CM, ZM, SM) a zoracha jhatka. This has been already a bumper hit on Star Vijay with 8 successful seasons in its kitty. So much so that Star Jalsha adapted this show for the Bengali audiences and had a successful run of two seasons and another season (SS season 3) is on its way to be launched. ZM will regret the blunder they did with SRGMP-LC.
Although SP had earlier launched Mi Honar Superstar, it failed mainly because of the lockdown. Or else it could've been successful.

4. The Four (द फोर) - An internationally acclaimed music Reality show, this could give SP an edge over its counterparts for its unique format. This show is already a runaway hit in the US, Brazil, Israel and Romania. If SP adapts this format in the Marathi language, it will give the viewers a one-of-a-kind experience.

5. Nach Baliye (नच बलिये) - Although SP launched a version of this popular show way back in 2008. It still remains unclear why it didn't bring up a new season of the show ever since. It was the only successful non-fiction show that brought in some good ratings, if not the way it desired, for SP. Maybe they should give it another try.

and last but not the least :

6. Start Musik (स्टार्ट म्युझिक) - Although there were reports of SP bringing a Marathi adaptation of this popular show, there has been till date no confirmation about the same. But they should at least use this as a testing step before they actually re-enter the non-fiction genre after a long hiatus.
Your thoughts and expectations are really good and appreciable. Please write mail to star pravah and hello@startv, at least they should think on it.

Aarya Ambekar was trolled and compared to the likes of Neha Kakkar for all the 'Radna-Vidna' she did in the show.

Correction- It was kartiki gaikwad who did this. But I agree with the review of show. I myself was excited for the show.
The contestants are good but the judges are still amateurs to be on judge seat.
In the first week itself they gave 3 blasts which reduced the value of the blast. They go on stage dance over there, sings with the contestants when nobody asked them to.

They all give good comments to every contestants. yes the songs were definitely good but there should be some minor details which normal people can't see can be noticed by this singers.
They have no past experience of judging, so they try to take inspiration from existing well known judges instead they should focus on creating their own identity.

What zee Marathi should've done like in SRGMP Hindi there is a panel of 25 jury members, likewise these 5 people should've been jury members and there should be a good judging panel of 2 or 3 judges.

Correction- It was kartiki gaikwad who did this. But I agree with the review of show. I myself was excited for the show.
The contestants are good but the judges are still amateurs to be on judge seat.
In the first week itself they gave 3 blasts which reduced the value of the blast. They go on stage dance over there, sings with the contestants when nobody asked them to.

They all give good comments to every contestants. yes the songs were definitely good but there should be some minor details which normal people can't see can be noticed by this singers.
They have no past experience of judging, so they try to take inspiration from existing well known judges instead they should focus on creating their own identity.

What zee Marathi should've done like in SRGMP Hindi there is a panel of 25 jury members, likewise these 5 people should've been jury members and there should be a good judging panel of 2 or 3 judges.

Sorry for the mistake. I didn't know that.

But honestly, the show has lost its charm this season. Believe me, this will only last for 3 months. Had Pallavi Joshi been the host instead of Mrunmayee, the show could've been a treat to watch. ZM ruined it.

But seriously, SP should think about re-entering the non-fiction genre with adaptations of the shows that I've mentioned there. In my opinion, Super Singer and The Four would become blockbusters and would serve as game-changers for SP. Their last show called Mi Honar Superstar was indeed a good show, but because of the lockdown, it lost viewer's interest. Also, Nach Baliye Marathi should make a comeback since it was the only hit non-fiction show of SP.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock