Discussion Marvel HQ is launching on 20th January replacing Disney XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think kids like to watch their stuff on OTT these days rather than traditional medium.So Kids/youth based stuff will gradually move to web may be hotstar in this case.

I think kids like to watch their stuff on OTT these days rather than traditional medium.So Kids/youth based stuff will gradually move to web may be hotstar in this case.
The Big Bang Theory and Friends still gets good ratings. Dunno how many signed up for Hotstar for this show. If used properly Star World SD could do very well. They could air older shows with 4:3 ratio like 8 Simple Rules and Hannah Montana. Shows like Hannah Montana and Wizard of the Waverly Place looks awful on SD channels.

Last edited:
On Disney XD. Are they kid stuff? I thould we are Discussing DXD
Lol, I thought we were talking my earlier post. About animation content I mostly streamed Pokémon illegally. As the Indian broadcast is terrible. It airs with 4:3 ratio. Meanwhile I found 16:9 720p episodes online.
👆I am not promoting illegal streams. I am just highlighting the flaws of broadcaster.

Lol, I thought we were talking my earlier post. About animation content I mostly streamed Pokémon illegally. As the Indian broadcast is terrible. It airs with 4:3 ratio. Meanwhile I found 16:9 720p episodes online.
👆I am not promoting illegal streams. I am just highlighting the flaws of broadcaster.
I am on subject of this discussion and DXD is SD channel,if it gets to OTT, better resolution can be possible.

The Big Bang Theory and Friends still gets good ratings. Dunno how many signed up for Hotstar for this show. If used properly Star World SD could do very well. They could air older shows with 4:3 ratio like 8 Simple Rules and Hannah Montana. Shows like Hannah Montana and Wizard of the Waverly Place looks awful on SD channels.
I watch on hotstar as I am not in front of TV most times, and I'm mostly on the go so having a TV for me doesn't make sense

Why would they shut down a popular channel?
Disney XD is performing fairly well in India. None of the marvel shows have moved to Disney Channel here as being suggested. I think they may revamp content but closure won't happen. This channel caters to action cartoon shows and has a sizeable audience base, guess its on 6th or 7th number on TRP Chart in kids genre, above Sony Yay, Disney Junior, Nick Junior etc. Let's wait, 2019 will see lot of changes in various genres where Star-Disney has presence, international decisions don't have much impact here.
Actually Disney XD is the worst performing kids channel in India. I doubt it made any improvement over the past months

You can see graph of the kids channel TRP from this link

Nickelodeon India plans to tackle Disney with a dash of 'magic' - ET BrandEquity

Actually Disney XD is the worst performing kids channel in India. I doubt it made any improvement over the past months

You can see graph of the kids channel TRP from this link

Nickelodeon India plans to tackle Disney with a dash of 'magic' - ET BrandEquity
Ratings will improve if they convert it to HD channel. They have good content but the broadcast of it is pathetic. They also need a proper schedule. They are forgetting that they are catering to adults. Adults won't watch random episodes or even shows like kids. Kids don't care what's airing they are happy as long as they get to watch a cartoon.

Ratings will improve if they convert it to HD channel. They have good content but the broadcast of it is pathetic. They also need a proper schedule. They are forgetting that they are catering to adults. Adults won't watch random episodes or even shows like kids. Kids don't care what's airing they are happy as long as they get to watch a cartoon.
Forget about HD for now, first they need to make proper schedules. They have detoriated so much they forgot their own brand. Disney Channel is so heavily reliant on Hungama content Doraemon and Eena Meena Deeka, they hardly give time for original series. Pokemon is handled very poorly on Disney XD and only shows that didn’t originate from Hungama are the Marvel/Star Wars shows. Hungama is ok but schedule sometimes is really bad.

But they will never improve as they are making huge profit out of these shows and most of the children are enjoying it and I guess we are in minority.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock