DDF Exclusive Mavis Satcom slashes a-la-carte and Bouquet rates

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 32
  • Views: Views 4,873
it is beginning of very cheap TV viewing in coming days we all should thank TRAI for this
I don't know I have to cry or anger for above lines 😥😥😥

Buddy in adtv south users are paid for all SD & HD channels for their appropriate genre official 230/month unofficially 165/m

But now only SD Tamil channels 270/m with HD 350+ .. so still u want to thank trai for this nonsense ?? Do u think Adtv users will get again 165 or 230 again ??

As per customer voice it's just a ridiculous in spite of state most of them telling it's ridiculous

I don't know I have to cry or anger for above lines 😥😥😥

Buddy in adtv south users are paid for all SD & HD channels for their appropriate genre official 230/month unofficially 165/m

But now only SD Tamil channels 270/m with HD 350+ .. so still u want to thank trai for this nonsense ?? Do u think Adtv users will get again 165 or 230 again ??

As per customer voice it's just a ridiculous in spite of state most of them telling it's ridiculous
Yes Bro,we need to wait for prices to crash like Jaya TV channels,it may take few more months or may be a year

People dont get exited just because some network slashed their price down, this wont do any good as all the channels that are doing this are just those who have fewer viewership count and are trying to survive in the competitive world. The best option for them would be to go FTA, but they wont as they want both channel fee from subscribers and advertisement fee from sponsors so they just want to win a lottery. But what they dont realise is people will pick their competitors and forget them completely and even if they go FTA in future there would be no takers and sponsors wont pay for something that noone watches and that's their end.

Lets say there are 10 network group and their bouquet pricing is Rs 50 for SD & Rs100 for HD (all approx) and even if we select 5 of them then we have to pay Rs 175 (approx base) + Rs 250 for SD/Rs 500 for HD so min we have to spend Rs 425/month for SD & 675 for HD (just approx with no NCF) and still you will lose several channels that you had during pre TRAI rules times and confined to just a few handful of channels.

Even if you try to reduce the channel count to select your most fav channels alone still there wont be much different as at the end bouquet might sound cheaper than a-la-carte.

They just seem to have screwed the digital revolution and are taking us back to an era where just had a handful of channels just to benefit a few money rich channels with their channel friendly rules and not subscriber friendly. Additionally TRAI doesn't care if DTH providers simply keep removing FTA channels denying subscribers of good FTA channels and fill them with crap ones so users have to select pay channels and keep paying and keep-on-paying. The leader here seems to be Airtel that is currently on a violent run to remove as much as Tamil channels as possible and fill none.

Y'day i was watching a movie on an Eng HD channel and there was nonstop ad's for several mins hence tried their SD channel and saw the movie running in advance of over 20 mins, this means im spending additional fee on HD channel just to watch their stupid ad's. Seems TRAI doesn't care about these, all they seem to want is to crush the neck of FTA and low viewership channels so they go extinct and those heavy funded channels stay without a competition. Imagine all FTA & low viewership channels shut down and when the market gets small we have to pay whatever the Pay channels want and watch their ad filled shows.

I currently pay Rs 700/month on infinity for primary and Rs 275 for secondary and at times i watch malayalam channels as they do show Tamil movies and their songs are nice to watch and same goes with Telugu as their songs are nice too, now with these new rules those days are over as i cant pay for channels that i watch once on a while and now confined just with a few Eng, Movies & News & Sports and Tamil channels. THANKS TRAI for your wonderful gift to all INDIANS.

I'm still wondering how local cable operators are even operating as everyone who watched multi language channels will now move to DTH as the price is now almost the same (i.e. min thrice their earlier rates) and those already under DTH will reduce their channel count yet pay around 50 to 100% higher subscription fee. Many of my american friends said they dont have DTH or Cable as its way too costly and i was wondering how thats even possible, now i seem to be moving towards the same direction.

[PS. The above comment is only for Multi Language & Multi Genre viewers and not for those who just watch one language and are happy about it and thankful for what ever they are provided].

Last edited:
Until unless NCF reduce from 153 to 90+ consumer won't get benfit & I don't think it'll happen buddy

Unless they simply revert their actions, nothing will benefit the subscribers. But Heavily funded pay-channels could be a having a bonus season as people have to both pay dear yet watch their crap ad's which TRAI wont care.

Till now im paying Rs 700 for primary and Rs 275 for secondary and i tried all ways to reduce this under new tariff and every time i try i seeing higher rates just for SD channels and even then many of my fav channels are missing.

IMO they should become FTA.They are almost same like Kalainger channels which are FTA.When Jayalalitha was ruling they bought many big movie titles and now they are unable to give competent contents.Atleast the price should be reduced under Rs.5.Also why does Raj TV being a pay channel? There are far better FTA channels than Raj.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock