{More space now} SR of 12th TP increased to 32700

Today I am only expecting another PPV HD or Miniplex HD,but maybe they surprise everyone today with some HD additions :)

kumarvishwas said:
Today I am only expecting another PPV HD or Miniplex HD,but maybe they surprise everyone today with some HD additions :)
Really [emoji56] [emoji56]
Miniplex hd no chance

I dont think any hd chnl is adding... otherwise someone wud have got d news in advance...jay vithlani etc.

shawl_who said:
I dont think any hd chnl is adding... otherwise someone wud have got d news in advance...jay vithlani etc.
Yes....bro...
I m only tata sky dealer not airtel...but I have airtel hd connection also...

shawl_who said:
FEC of 12th TP now increased to 32700

More space is created now :eek:hya

11680 H 32700
FEC or Symbol rate ?

The Bandwidth Available and the Symbol Rate

pc screenshot

The carrier on the satellite is made up of a sequence of pulses joined together to make a continuous signal. Each pulse is a symbol. According to the modulation method, each symbol represents 1, 2, 3, etc bits of transmission rate data.
In phase shift keying (PSK) modulation, each pulse is a burst of carrier signal with its sine wave-zero crossing point timing adjusted forwards or backwards in time to constitute a phase shift. Phase shifts of 180° apply in BPSK and 90° in QPSK. A phase shift of 90° represents a time shift of 1/4 of a full cycle of the sine wave. The closer the spacing phase shifts, the more difficult the distinction between them at the receive end. So for each higher-order PSK scheme, a higher carrier-to-noise ratio is required.
As a general rule, if you have bandwidth to spare, use a lower-order modulation or a lowrate FEC (like 1/2 or 2/3) to spread out the signal. If you have power to spare, use a higherorder modulation and/or a higher-rate FEC (like 3/4 or 7/8).
Ideally, you would want to use all of the available bandwidth and power simultaneously. If you use larger receive dishes, you will always be able to increase the system capacity. If you are doing a point-to-point link, it is worth using larger dishes. If you have thousands of receive dishes, the aggregate cost of these is significant and you will want to allow smaller sizes even though this reduces system capacity and increases space segment costs.
FEC is applied to the customer’s information data at the transmit end, so transmission data rate = customer information rate x 1/FEC rate.
FEC rate is typically 0.5 to 0.9, so the transmission data rate is always significantly higher than the customer information rate. The symbol rate is related to other quantities as per the following relationship:

SR = DR/(m x CRv x CRrs)
where SR is the symbol rate, DR is the data rate (or the customer information rate), CRv is the Viterbi FEC code rate (typically, 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, or 7/8), CRrs is the Reed Soloman FEC code rate (typically, 168/204), and ‘m’ is the modulation factor or transmission rate bits per symbol (BPSK=1, QPSK=2, 8PSK=3, etc).
On a spectrum analyser, the 3dB bandwidth is approximately the same as the symbol rate

Rahulan Ratnarajah said:
Back to school :huh @diesel bro ;)

Earlier it spelled wrong as FEC instead of SR. I does some investigation on all these and also collect some datas and save it as separate notes.So just posted. :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock