MPEG2, MPEG4, DVB-S/S2 and DVB-T in same single set-top box

• Thread starter Vinay
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 5
  • Views: Views 5,588

Vinay

Reaction score
Very soon we will be able to get set-top boxes having MPEG2, MPEG4 technology DVB-S/S2 and DVB-T standards in the same combo set-top box.

This will be saving the cost and space needed, wiring cables for more than one box.

wi0ovosrwr1b8bub6.jpg

Image Courtesy: Tele-Satellite

Presently No any stb With MPEG2, MPEG4 technology DVB-S/S2 and DVB-T in india ?
Any Information About Price of this .....

Vikram said:
Presently No any stb With MPEG2, MPEG4 technology DVB-S/S2 and DVB-T in india ?
Any Information About Price of this .....

Vikram ji,
Right now in market there are MPEG2/4 DVB-S/S2 stb available, but for viewing DVB-T (Digital Terrestrial) transmission we have to use separate box costing about Rs2000.

This box can be imported to India for $200 to $300 price range. After some months when Indian channels start DVB-T telecast, then the prices will come down further. And this product will become easily available in local market.

What is DVB-T and whats the diffrence between DVB-S/S2 & DVB-T :huh

I can guess by names DVB-T (Digital Terrestrial) may be region based. :huh

mystic said:
What is DVB-T and whats the diffrence between DVB-S/S2 & DVB-T
I can guess by names DVB-T (Digital Terrestrial) may be region based.

Yes Mystic, you guessed it right.

DVB-S/S2 = Digital Video Broadcasting-Satellite and
DVB-T = Digital Video Broadcasting-Terrestrial meaning high-quality digital TV+Radio channels carried through terrestrial signals and received by using a DTV antenna with DVB-T receiver box. It will have partially National and partly Regional mix of channels along with popular private channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock