Seeking Help Can We Connect Tata Sky HD Set Top Box with Old CRT TV?

DTH Fan

Dream Pro
Reaction score
Hello guys

I need to purchase a new Tata Sky connection for my parents. They have 2 TV sets in house: 1 LED TV and 1 old CRT TV.

They want to purchase a single set top box which can be used on both TV sets.

I want to know if I purchase a new HD connection, how can I connect the HD set top box to old CRT TV? Is it possible?

If not, will SD set top box work on both TV sets? Will it provide same PQ similar to HD STB?

Also is the UI of SD STB same as HD STB or is it totally different?

Thanks in advance.

IndiaN

Dream Legend
Reaction score
Go for hd box
Connect led tv with hdmi cable
Both will work at same time but can only watch same channel at a time
You need to purchase av cord to connect crt tv or may required extra 3 wire to expand to another room if long wire cord not available in market

Abhinav842

Contributing Writer, DreamDTH
News Columnist
Reaction score
HD box has 2 outputs- RCA and HDMI. RCA cable can be connected with CRT TV and HDMI cable can be used for LED TV. Refer to this thread for UI of SD and HD boxes.

DTH Fan

Dream Pro
Reaction score
Thanks guys. So you mean all HD box models (including new ones) contain RCA cable connectors at back side which can be used to connect to old CRT TV?

DTH Fan

Dream Pro
Reaction score
One more thing to ask. If I purchase HD box and activate some HD channels and I connect the box to CRT TV, how will HD channels display? With black bars on top and bottom? Or no display at all?

airsky

Dream Pro
Reaction score
One more thing to ask. If I purchase HD box and activate some HD channels and I connect the box to CRT TV, how will HD channels display? With black bars on top and bottom? Or no display at all?
You will be able to select the aspect ratio in picture setting. In that way you can control the video resolution in tatasky

IndiaN

Dream Legend
Reaction score
You will be able to select the aspect ratio in picture setting. In that way you can control the video resolution in tatasky
He can set only one
So another tv will be compromised

DTH Fan

Dream Pro
Reaction score
I'll keep original default settings to be compatible with HD LED TV. My question is how HD channels will display when connected to old CRT TV? With black bars or no display?

psinha870

Registered
Reaction score
W
I'll keep original default settings to be compatible with HD LED TV. My question is how HD channels will display when connected to old CRT TV? With black bars or no display?
With black bars on top and bottom

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Seeking Help Connect Tata sky HD with Home theatre Tata Sky 5
hike This is what happens when we connect PenDrive to Tata Sky HEVC STB Tata Sky 9
98shubhamk Can I connect this with my tata sky hd stb? Tata Sky 8
S How to connect Tata Sky HD set top box to my creative 5.1 sound system? DTH Support & Comparisons 4
DreamDTH.com Article ShemarooMe partners with the Embassy of India in Paris to virtually connect with Indians in France amidst the prevailing Covid-19 crisis DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
IamTRoy4 Seeking Help Way to connect Set-Top-Box with Laptop DTH Support & Comparisons 8
DthXpert Breaking D2H connect added on LCN 898 d2h (formerly Videocon d2h) 3
R Seeking Help Could not to connect to WiFi Airtel Internet TV 0
Harshit Seeking Help Connect Airtel HD Set Top Box with Monitor Airtel Digital TV 3
S Seeking Help Help needed in HD 5555 RF Smart connect box d2h (formerly Videocon d2h) 1
Sekhon Good News Sony YAY! to deepen connect with viewers through fresh content, language feeds TV Channels News 4
Sateesh_Hyd Seeking Help How to connect my Wifi to TV using TATASKY HD Box Tata Sky HD 2
ANBUKKANI Connect 2.1 speaker from ts box Tata Sky HD 25
A How to connect Airtel STB optical out with 5.1 home theatre General DTH News & Discussions 39
rockstar08 How to Connect My DTH to USB Speakers ! Satellite Dish Setup 7
Vishnu777 Videocon D2h HD Smart Connect Box Review Videocon D2H HD DVR 14
J Can I connect my Airtel Digital TV dish line to a Free to Air setup box C Band & KU Band Reception 2
hike DDF Exclusive Now you can connect with HBO on Whatsapp (Number in snaps) TV Channels News 2
vikram. How to connect one antenna to multiple STB STB & Satellite TV Equipments 3
Vishnu777 Videocon d2h signs partnership with hungama play for HD smart connect STB Videocon D2H HD DVR 0
S How to Connect dish tv hd+ to Philips MMS2580B Blue Dhoom Home Theater System Dish TV 4
R Videocon d2h signs partnership with Sony LIV for HD Smart Connect Set Top Box access Videocon D2H HD DVR 5
younusedrisi how to connect multiple boxes with multiple sat Satellite Dish Setup 7
M d2h launching HD Smart Connect Videocon D2H HD DVR 19
4 {Pics} Now connect STB to 4G, 3G, 2G without dongle or WiFi Satellite Dish Setup 4