MPEG4 DVB-S2 Satellite Receivers to be cheaper soon

• Thread starter Vinay
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 13
  • Views: Views 6,996

Vinay

Reaction score
MPEG4 DVB-S2 Satellite Receivers are expected to be sold cheaper soon boosted by the recent surge in the number of MPEG4 DVB-S2 channels on various satellites.

After the migration of many Malayalam, Tamil and Hindi free channels to Intelsat 17 at 66.0°E from Insat 2E at 83.0°E, the new standard that majority of these channels have adopted is MPEG4 DVB-S2 with QPSK or 8PSK modulation (except some like Kalaignar network or Darshana TV).

There is an ever increasing demand from customers and dealers are in talks with manufacturers/suppliers for getting them in bulk quantities.

Source: South Mumbai Satellite and Cable Hardware Traders Union

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

Ya most of the new channels are mpeg 4 and secondly the existing channels are also moving to mpeg 4 standard on c band....

@Vinay : Is mpeg4 dvb - s2 hd compliant??? just asking for clarification... :huh

Hope to see decrease in price.
At the moment it is too much costly

biswajit.HD said:
@Vinay : Is mpeg4 dvb - s2 hd compliant??? just asking for clarification...

Biswajit: All HD (High-Definition) boxes are MPEG 4 DVB-S2, But not all MPEG4 DVB-S2 boxes are HD.

The image shown above is of a MPEG4 DVB-S2 Standard Definition (SD) satellite receiver.

MPEG DVB-S2 HD STB's are available in 2300-2800 rs in market. :)

STB rates are going down day by day,its really economical pricing. :lol

Im eagerly looking for a HD mpeg 4 dvb s2 box. All channels are going to mpeg 4 standard and with time, im sure we will have more and more HD channel line up in various satellites... :huh

Then Biswa go for a HD one,it is nearly same with sd in cost.Go for it bro.

ya im planning it for my c band set up, which is still in planning stage... :huh

Ok that is good,We all have Ku band dishes,we will get more updates after you do setup your ku band dish too...

All credit goes to vinay kumar... He has made me a satellite expert :) and now i am a true c and ku band guy now.... and really c band is very addictive,.... ku band footprint is nothing in front of c band... :tup

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock