• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 9
  • Views: Views 5,495

Johny

Satellite Expert
Contributor
Reaction score
Dear all

After the migration of all malayalam and Tamil channels from the expiring satellite Insat 2E to Intelsat IS-17 - every body is discussing about DVBS-2 MPEG-4 receivers.

We can discuss in this thread about the advantages and disadvantages of our receivers which we already procured for others who are not yet procured or going to procure one.

Pls share your experience.

I am using Starsat Mod # SR-X1010HD - which is having a card slot, 1 usb slot and with PVR function. We can record interested TV programmes by using a USB which is connected to the USB slot. The symbol rate in this receiver is 45000. This is an DVBS-2 MPEG-4 HD receiver and price is AED 255, when I purchased 2 months before from Sharjah - UAE. It is economic compared with other models which are available in UAE market.

One disadvantage that I found in this receiver - It tooks 20-30 seconds to get start when we switched on this receiver.

kindly post ss of the box as well as other features..........

There is a lot of limitations for me to post ss of my receiver by taking photoes and upload it on this site, as am very frank to say that I don't have a computer of my own. Currently using my office computer for this. But our IT Dept blocked Cd drive/USB Drive - so I cannot help you in this.

But from the site I am uploading the picture with the features mentioned in that site.

Support HDD / Time Shift.
Brilliant On Screen Graphic.
MPEG2 & Fully DVB Compliant.
MPEG-4 Video (MP&ML) .
SCPC/MCPC Compatible.
DiSEqC1.0, 1.2, 1.3 (USALS) and 22KHz Tone Supported (Optional) .
User Friendly OSD and Easy Operation.
Mulity Language Menu.
4-Digit 7 Segment LED Display.
Viriable Aspect Ratio (4:13, 16:9) with Pan Vector or Letter Box Option.
Fast 7 DaysEPG Supported.
PIG, Small Screen picture and Zoom In Function.
Digital Audio Output S/PDIF Optical.
LAN Support.
Storiog Memory: 100 Satellites, 4000 Transponders and 6000 Channels.
7 Favorite Group and Parental Lock Supported.
RS232 Port for Additional Information Service and Upgrading Software.
User Channel List for Saving and Loading (Optional) .
Multi-Timer Function.
Support 30 Audio PID (Language) .
Subtitle Supported.
4/9/12/16 Multipicture.
PIP.
Auto DiSEqC.

User Manual Software
Loader

picture of Receiver

[attachment=474]

Nobody else in this forum is using a DVBS-2 MPEG-4 Receiver ?

Afraid to share ? Or you think I lost my money, let others also ?

@Johny I think starting time of 20-30 sec is OK, specially when it is a PVR.
I don't have FTA receiver. My TataSky+HD box also takes time to start.

Yes my tata sky + too take time to start,i am using tata sky dvr box and your review is nice bro. :)

I thought this is a problem only in my receiver and I was very much upset initially in that matter. But by pricewise I am happy with all the facilities it is having. And me getting very less time to view all these channels and because of that only I didn't go for X-cruiser which all are saying extra ordinary but with a higher price.

For me like viewers - those who are looking for an economical option - it is double OK.

Thanks Vinay for posting the details of your receiver. It will help the forum members a lot as it contains all informations.

What is the price Vinay ?

JOHNY THOMAS said:
Thanks Vinay for posting the details of your receiver. It will help the forum members a lot as it contains all informations.

What is the price Vinay ?

Welcome Johny and all, the post has been moved to http://dreamdth.com/Forum/Thread-Solid-MPEG4-DVB-S2-High-Definition-HD-STB

I got this Satellite Receiver for Rs1000 from a South Mumbai dealer after a lot of bargaining and convincing the dealer that it is not genuine.

The stb is an immitation of SOLID HDS2 2100. But works very well in terms of quick start-up time and blind scan time.

Also this receiver is capable of picking low signals where other stbs fail. That the reason I can get C-band channels with upto 45% quality even with a 90cm Ku-band dish with a home-made conical scalar ring fitted on LNBF feed-horn mouth.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock