My new 4kUHD d2h box

Whenever I try to praise d2h from my heart they messed it up. I booked the box online for 5990. For which there is no installation charge of 375 Rs. as I am an existing customer. 375 Rs. charge is for new customer & you have to pay it to the engineer visiting your house. They created 2 work orders for the same. Accordingly 375*2=750Rs. balance is deducted from my a/c without my knowledge. Engineer who visited my house didn’t charged single penny for the same. He even changed my LNB(Which is working fine) & also changed the wire from LNB to jointer. As usual CC guys denied to give it back to me. So after some heated & then normal conversation with their seniors they agreed. I also informed this issue to Nodal officer of maharashtra. He agreed to help me. So my first work order got closed (Got 375Rs. back) &waiting for second order to get closed.
Those who opted for 4k box you might face this prob. So pls.do check ur a/c. Don’t get surprised talk with CC & nodal (if reqd.) & get your prob. Solved.
But once again I would say whenever I tried to praise them…..(Contd.)

MENU - GUI – EPG PICS.
qd2JLBm.jpg

JgjJbX2.jpg

IzTfjcM.jpg

uFDOPdN.jpg

Te6sl6A.jpg

I8N5G1L.jpg

q6tzBOH.jpg

TPfjBYM.jpg

tSYOAju.jpg

5FgcGBA.jpg

aMMvVpm.jpg

yE5I0IM.jpg

Pjc1koT.jpg

aRa2lgi.jpg

PMzyGwc.jpg

GjKzfP5.jpg

zLJ01qK.jpg

EXWjK6Q.jpg

U9qIiqw.jpg

UOjEucv.jpg

7St7qQG.jpg

Review of 4K UHD
1) STB HARDWARE

The quality of hardware of stb is good. It is made of plastic, but finishing is good. Specially golden bezel look great. The box actually look like 6k or may be 7k.t contains 2 USB ports(of which one super speed USB), SPDIF, Ethernet port, HDMI slot etc.

2) SOFTWARE
I was worried about S/W issues as d2h is not good in this dept. But this time they didn’t really disappointed me. It look like they worked really hard this time on S/W. They have changed the EPG pattern this time. New EPG & GUI is quiet good. This Box don’t know what is lagging. It takes initial 20 sec.’s to boot & then 4-5 sec.’s to reach home channel from home screen. You can change the channel as fast as you can. Almost zero lagging. They have also added screen saver function also. I think those days are gone now that people start criticizing there S/W & H/W or I would love to say they have started new revolution.

3) REMOTE CONTROL
IR remote is one of the best lightweight & handy. Thin & easy to hold unlike the bulky universal remote. Eventhough it is original remote. I will get original remote after the OTA update (which is supposed to be carried out before world cup). Buttons are tacky but may be this is a because of this is a new remote. But it works perfectly. Active, VOD, Guide, Mosaic buttons are there to save time. Lithium battery is used in remote.

4) AQ & PQ
I already uploaded pics of UHD, HD & SD channels. UHD & HD channels are too crispy. I have 1 jointer & also my tv is HD ready (not FULL HD) still I am getting awesome clarity. I was more worried SD channels. But this time the improved S/W has done a magic. Specially I found that reqd. sharpness in the SD channels which was really missing. If I am not wrong & if my eyes are good then would say Reliance is best in providing best PQ followed by ADTV & TS. And I think now d2h have joined them. Not a drastic change but minute change. May be you cant able to locate it from pics as my mob. cam. is not that good also pics are taken from min. dist. from tv but it is change. Or I would say something is changed. AQ is as good as earlier no issues here. Dolby Digital Sound is working perfectly..

5) RECORDING
I am not really interested in this. Big heartbreak for those who wants DVR. Although you can use PD or external HDD for recording. Recording feature will start after the first OTA update.

6) OTHER MISCELLANEOUS THINGS
a) D2H logo (Right hand side bottom corner) is dark unlike transparent in previous version.
b) EPG is available only for 2 days.
c) You can able to lock n no. of channels at a time.
d) You can use internet in coming days via Ethernet port.
e) You can change 8-10 channels within a blink of your eye.
f) You go directly to SWPHD, d2h cinema, Active music by clicking on the icons (which are above the menu).

Final Verdict
Horses for Courses. I wasn’t really interested in investing 6k Rs. initially. D2h brought this this box for specially for world cup. I waited for almost 1.5-2 years before changing my old zapper box as I have got mixed reviews (Mostly negative) about 2222/2244/HD555. I wasn’t really sure about them. So I decided to take this gamble. D2h didn’t disappointed me as of now. Those who wanna change their old box & if you have the budget can go for this box as this is a long time investment. New buyers can also go for this box by keeping an eye on future. Finally I would say d2h have joined the elite/premium group of TS & Airtel by proving their own slogan Innovation – Our DNA.
I hope you found this review helpful. Suggestions & opinions are welcomed. Thnx. for your patience for reading.
Lo ab muh meetha karlo..
7CWlZIc.jpg

Thanks for the detailed review Sandeep bro! Enjoy the 4K!!

Dolby Digital Sound is working perfectly via HDMI cable..

@Sandeep: How about the volume level of Dolby Digital output? In general, the audio level is very low when comparing stereo output. It is only 50% as the maximum audio level for Dolby Digital in HD boxes. That is why want to confirm the same in 4K box.

The user interface in this Videcon 4K Box, looks exactly similar to my 6 months old Hathway HD set top box..

@Sandeep bro, I have some questions and also want to see some more screenshots. Please help me.

1. What are the other options available in Preferred Audio?
2. What is that Audio Delay? Is it to set when audio should come after changing the channel?
3. TV type option is having 4K :) ?
4. LNB setup is having frequency details. Not sure what it is. Any idea?
5. How the TP details are being displayed? Signa Level pictures? Scanning result pictures? (if possible)
6. Whether Dolby Digital Out audio is fixed via HDMI or we can adjust using volume keys? Right now in HD box, it is fixed. Only stereo sound can be adjusted.
7. How the unsubscribe message is displayed.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock